Error launching Application : AGAIN

tolemaC

This is my anterior post:
I get this error in VS.NET 2003

Launching Application
Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging.
Unable to start program
'C:\TeamPocket\CodigoV3\TeamPocket\bin\Debug\TeamPocket.exe'.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

.Javier Ros Moreno.

well, I don´t found a solution for this problem, therefore I uninstalled
Microsoft Visual Studio .NET from my computer and I have reinstalled
VS.NET again.

I continue getting the same error, how to uninstall VS.NET completely? or
how to solve my problem launching the smart device applications using the
emulator?

I need HELP, please, please.

Thanks in advance.

..Javier Ros Moreno.

Ximing Zhou [MS]

Hi,

1. Does VS.NET 2003 copy the compactframework cab files to the device or
does your device already contain the compactframework?
2. If you manually run your TeamPocket.exe, does it work? (You may need to
manually copy the compactframework cab file to the device and explode it if
it does not exist on the device yet.)
3. Can the exe run on Emulators?
4. Does any other simple application work?

Ximing Zhou [MSFT]
| From: "tolemaC" <tolemac@NO$pamHEREono.com>
| Subject: Error launching Application : AGAIN
| Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 19:27:07 +0200
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework
|
| This is my anterior post:
|
| > I get this error in VS.NET 2003
| >
| > Launching Application
| > Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging.
| > Unable to start program
| > 'C:\TeamPocket\CodigoV3\TeamPocket\bin\Debug\TeamPocket.exe'.
| >
| > Any ideas?
| >
| > Thanks in advance.
| >
| > .Javier Ros Moreno.
|
| well, I don´t found a solution for this problem, therefore I uninstalled
| Microsoft Visual Studio .NET from my computer and I have reinstalled
| VS.NET again.
|
| I continue getting the same error, how to uninstall VS.NET completely? or
| how to solve my problem launching the smart device applications using the
| emulator?
|
| I need HELP, please, please.
|
| Thanks in advance.
|
| .Javier Ros Moreno.

tolemaC

"Ximing Zhou [MS]" said:
Hi,

1. Does VS.NET 2003 copy the compactframework cab files to the device or
does your device already contain the compactframework?

Yes, the device contain the compactframework.
2. If you manually run your TeamPocket.exe, does it work? (You may need to
manually copy the compactframework cab file to the device and explode it if
it does not exist on the device yet.)

Yes, if I manually run the application it works fine.
3. Can the exe run on Emulators?

Yes, I only use Emulator, PPC2002 and PPC2003 emulators
4. Does any other simple application work?

No, I have created a new application and VS.NET deploy it correctly but I
get the same error ("Error launching ..."),
if I run this programs in emulator it works fine.

In addition, I have uninstalled Visual Studio .NET, and I have Installed
this again, and I continue getting the same Error!!.

Some weeks ago this work fine, I don´t know why it don´t work now.

Thanks

..Javier Ros Moreno.
Ximing Zhou [MSFT]
| From: "tolemaC" <tolemac@NO$pamHEREono.com>
| Subject: Error launching Application : AGAIN
| Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 19:27:07 +0200
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework
|
| This is my anterior post:
|
| > I get this error in VS.NET 2003
| >
| > Launching Application
| > Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging.
| > Unable to start program
| > 'C:\TeamPocket\CodigoV3\TeamPocket\bin\Debug\TeamPocket.exe'.
| >
| > Any ideas?
| >
| > Thanks in advance.
| >
| > .Javier Ros Moreno.
|
| well, I don´t found a solution for this problem, therefore I uninstalled
| Microsoft Visual Studio .NET from my computer and I have reinstalled
| VS.NET again.
|
| I continue getting the same error, how to uninstall VS.NET completely? or
| how to solve my problem launching the smart device applications using the
| emulator?
|
| I need HELP, please, please.
|
| Thanks in advance.
|
| .Javier Ros Moreno.

Ximing Zhou [MSFT]

Thanks for the information. Another question: Does Ctrl-F5 (Start without
debugging) work?

Ximing
| From: "tolemaC" <tolemac@NO$pamHEREono.com>
| Subject: Re: Error launching Application : AGAIN
| Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:29:37 +0200
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework
|

| | > Hi,
| >
| > 1. Does VS.NET 2003 copy the compactframework cab files to the device or
| > does your device already contain the compactframework?
|
| Yes, the device contain the compactframework.
|
| > 2. If you manually run your TeamPocket.exe, does it work? (You may need
| > manually copy the compactframework cab file to the device and explode it
| if
| > it does not exist on the device yet.)
|
| Yes, if I manually run the application it works fine.
|
| > 3. Can the exe run on Emulators?
|
| Yes, I only use Emulator, PPC2002 and PPC2003 emulators
|
| > 4. Does any other simple application work?
|
| No, I have created a new application and VS.NET deploy it correctly but I
| get the same error ("Error launching ..."),
| if I run this programs in emulator it works fine.
|
| In addition, I have uninstalled Visual Studio .NET, and I have Installed
| this again, and I continue getting the same Error!!.
|
| Some weeks ago this work fine, I don´t know why it don´t work now.
|
| Thanks
|
| .Javier Ros Moreno.
|

| > Ximing Zhou [MSFT]
| rights.
| > --------------------
| > | From: "tolemaC" <tolemac@NO$pamHEREono.com>
| > | Subject: Error launching Application : AGAIN
| > | Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 19:27:07 +0200
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework
| > |
| > | This is my anterior post:
| > |

| > |
| > | well, I don´t found a solution for this problem, therefore I
uninstalled
| > | Microsoft Visual Studio .NET from my computer and I have reinstalled
| > | VS.NET again.
| > |
| > | I continue getting the same error, how to uninstall VS.NET completely?
| or
| > | how to solve my problem launching the smart device applications using
| the
| > | emulator?
| > |
| > | I need HELP, please, please.
| > |
| > | Thanks in advance.
| > |
| > | .Javier Ros Moreno.
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |

Javier Ros

No, only work when I run the executable in the emulator

Thank you.

..Javier Ros Moreno.

"Ximing Zhou [MSFT]" said:
Thanks for the information. Another question: Does Ctrl-F5 (Start without
debugging) work?

Ximing
| From: "tolemaC" <tolemac@NO$pamHEREono.com>
| Subject: Re: Error launching Application : AGAIN
| Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:29:37 +0200
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework
|

| | > Hi,
| >
| > 1. Does VS.NET 2003 copy the compactframework cab files to the device or
| > does your device already contain the compactframework?
|
| Yes, the device contain the compactframework.
|
| > 2. If you manually run your TeamPocket.exe, does it work? (You may need
| > manually copy the compactframework cab file to the device and explode it
| if
| > it does not exist on the device yet.)
|
| Yes, if I manually run the application it works fine.
|
| > 3. Can the exe run on Emulators?
|
| Yes, I only use Emulator, PPC2002 and PPC2003 emulators
|
| > 4. Does any other simple application work?
|
| No, I have created a new application and VS.NET deploy it correctly but I
| get the same error ("Error launching ..."),
| if I run this programs in emulator it works fine.
|
| In addition, I have uninstalled Visual Studio .NET, and I have Installed
| this again, and I continue getting the same Error!!.
|
| Some weeks ago this work fine, I don´t know why it don´t work now.
|
| Thanks
|
| .Javier Ros Moreno.
|

| > Ximing Zhou [MSFT]
| rights.
| > --------------------
| > | From: "tolemaC" <tolemac@NO$pamHEREono.com>
| > | Subject: Error launching Application : AGAIN
| > | Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 19:27:07 +0200
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework
| > |
| > | This is my anterior post:
| > |

| > |
| > | well, I don´t found a solution for this problem, therefore I
uninstalled
| > | Microsoft Visual Studio .NET from my computer and I have reinstalled
| > | VS.NET again.
| > |
| > | I continue getting the same error, how to uninstall VS.NET completely?
| or
| > | how to solve my problem launching the smart device applications using
| the
| > | emulator?
| > |
| > | I need HELP, please, please.
| > |
| > | Thanks in advance.
| > |
| > | .Javier Ros Moreno.
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |

tolemaC

I have delete this files, and that not fix the problem.

I have followed your instructions in readme file, and this is the result:

C:\Temp\launchTest>ServerCM /regserver

C:\Temp\launchTest>InitSvrCM
The new device is: 'Pocket PC Emulator'

C:\Temp\launchTest>ceruncm calc.exe

C:\Temp\launchTest>InitSvrCM "Pocket PC"
The new device is: 'Pocket PC'
I couldn't set the requested device. The error is: 80047503

C:\Temp\launchTest>

Then device is ready and connected with PC by ActiveSync and ServerCM
terminated.

The command "ceruncm calc.exe" work fine (in the emulator.)

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

..Javier Ros Moreno.

"Ximing Zhou [MSFT]" said:
One other thing to try is to delete all the four xsl files from \Documents
and Settings\<LogonUser>\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\VisualStudio\devices\7.1\ and then start VS .NET 2003. If
that does not fix the problem, follow the readme and run the tests included
in the attached zip file. You can directly email me if that is more
convenient for you.

Ximing
| From: "Javier Ros" <jros@NO$PAMHEREemuasa.es>
| Subject: Re: Error launching Application : AGAIN
| Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:34:50 +0200
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework
|
| No, only work when I run the executable in the emulator
|
| Thank you.
|
| .Javier Ros Moreno.
|
| ""Ximing Zhou [MSFT]"" <[email protected]> escribió en el mensaje
| | > Thanks for the information. Another question: Does Ctrl-F5 (Start
without
| > debugging) work?
| >
| > Ximing
| rights.
| > --------------------
| > | From: "tolemaC" <tolemac@NO$pamHEREono.com>
| > | Subject: Re: Error launching Application : AGAIN
| > | Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:29:37 +0200
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework
| > |
| > |

| or
| > |
| > | Yes, the device contain the compactframework.
| > |
| need
| it
| > | if
| > |
| > | Yes, if I manually run the application it works fine.
| > |
| > |
| > | Yes, I only use Emulator, PPC2002 and PPC2003 emulators
| > |
| > |
| > | No, I have created a new application and VS.NET deploy it correctly
but
| > | get the same error ("Error launching ..."),
| > | if I run this programs in emulator it works fine.
| > |
| > | In addition, I have uninstalled Visual Studio .NET, and I have
Installed
| > | this again, and I continue getting the same Error!!.
| > |
| > | Some weeks ago this work fine, I don´t know why it don´t work now.
| > |
| > | Thanks
| > |
| > | .Javier Ros Moreno.