Custom PB SDK in VS.Net

G

I created a custom emulator platform using Platform Builder 4.2. The image builds and I can connect to the image using PB to debug. I also created an SDK to be used in VS.Net and eVC. The SDK install on the dev boxes and does show up in VS.Net (device deployment dropdown).

When I click on Tools - Connect to Device, the emulator successfully starts up and VS.Net successfully connects to the emulator device. When I try to debug a c# application here is what happens

1. Files get copied without a proble
2. System_SR_enu.cab gets deployed and expande
3. VS.Net is unable to start debugging (see below for Build Output

Does anyonen have any idea how to get VS.Net debug a custom emulator image without using the Smart Device Authentication Utility? I need to have the same behavior as if I was debugging on the Default WinCE .NET Emulator that comes with VS.Net

***************** BUILD OUTPUT ************************
---------------------- Done ---------------------

Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skippe
Deploy: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skippe

Launching Applicatio
Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging

Unable to start program 'D:\viewstorage\VZOne\dcphone\src\Utils\RegisterSIP\RegSIPTestBED\bin\Debug\RegSIPTestBED.exe

***************** END BUILD OUTPUT ************************
Anyone have any ideas
Mark.

A

Andrew Enfield \(MS\)

I'm very far from an expert on this - I've only just played around with
t - but I think the Smart Device Auth utility is required, or at least l
haven't been able to do it any other way (so far).

A

Andrew Enfield \(MS\)

I'm very far from an expert on this - I've only just played around with
it - but I think the Smart Device Auth utility is required, or at least l
haven't been able to do it any other way (so far). (Assuming you're not
using ActiveSync, which does this w/o requiring the utility.)

G

Well after breaking my head over this I finally figured out the problem and found out completly by accident!! Here is the solution: I have a test board that I also do testing on and if that is connected(via activeSync) while I am trying to debug on my custom emulator I am unable to debug the emulator using VS.net. Once I disconnect the custom board VS.NET is able to debug normally.

Ask a Question