Error Installing XP

Femi

I encountered a setup Error while upgrading from Win 98
to Win XP Pro. Error Reads: Installation Failed E:\I386
\asms. Error Message: Incorrect Function.

It says that one of the components that Windows needs to
continue setup could not be installed.

Please help is needed from anyone who knows what I need
to do.

Carey Frisch [MVP]

"The file 'Asms' on Windows XP Professional CD-ROM is needed" error message
when you install Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311755&Product=winxp

Windows XP Setup Cannot Continue
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812247&Product=winxp

HOW TO: Troubleshoot Windows XP Problems During Installation When You
Upgrade from Windows 98 or Windows Me
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310064&Product=winxp

Troubleshooting Windows XP Setup

Carey Frisch