Error installing Vista SP1 Manufacture release

Scott Micale

I have just downloaded the
de_en_es_fr_ja_windows_vista_service_pack_1_x64_72328.exe file off the
technet site. When I go to install the SP1 I get this error, "Windows Vista
Service Pack 1 cannot be installed on your computer because the language of
windows vista you have installed is not supported or you have installed a
language pack that is not supported. Windows Vista Service Pack 1 can only
be installed on computers running the Englich, French, German, Japanese, and
Spanish versions of Windows Vista or computers running only those language
packs."

Any ideas? I don't think I am running any language packs and I am running a
english version.

Thanks

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Scott,
Some machines may ship with multiple languages installed.
My laptop did for example so I ran into the same issue:
Here is how to check:

To check what languages are installed on your machine, you can open control
panel:
Open the Regional and Langage Option applet.
Choose the Keyboard and Languages tab
Under the Display Language section, look at the drop down list under Choose
a display Language.
This drop down list will show you the list of installed languages for that
machine. Some OEM machines may ship with multiple languages installed.

This is also where you can add or remove languages

Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

|> From: =?Utf-8?B?U2NvdHQgTWljYWxl?=
<[email protected]>
|> Subject: Error installing Vista SP1 Manufacture release
|> Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 09:36:02 -0800
|> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
|>
|> I have just downloaded the
|> de_en_es_fr_ja_windows_vista_service_pack_1_x64_72328.exe file off the
|> technet site. When I go to install the SP1 I get this error, "Windows
Vista
|> Service Pack 1 cannot be installed on your computer because the language
of
|> windows vista you have installed is not supported or you have installed
|> language pack that is not supported. Windows Vista Service Pack 1 can
only
|> be installed on computers running the Englich, French, German, Japanese,
and
|> Spanish versions of Windows Vista or computers running only those
language
|> packs."
|>
|> Any ideas? I don't think I am running any language packs and I am
running a
|> english version.
|>
|> Thanks

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Scott,
Yes you should be able to uninstall those Language Packs