Error during installation of component database

G

I tried to install the xp embedded intro kit on two machines. The Tools and Database Engine worked fine, however the Database Setup failed near the end with a message:

An ERROR occurred while expanding repository CAB file,
#1 "<my temp dir>", "<the cab file>", "<the
destination dir>"

K

KM

Arnie,

Check if you got the following files under "...\Installer\disk2\DATABASE\WINDOWS EMBEDDED DATA\REPOSITORIES" directory:
"{022716D8-0CF0-4779-B94C-8E52EB36709C}.CAB"
"{347677C8-8935-4D30-8DDA-FB6D701ACF47}.CAB"
"{484C9D34-846E-40E2-A2E6-FF2771A303D5}.CAB"

If they are not there, download/unpak the disk2.cab file and the cab files mentioned above again.

Also, make sure you got enough free space on the hard drive to unpak those huge files.

--
Regards,
KM, BSquare Corp.

I tried to install the xp embedded intro kit on two machines. The Tools and Database Engine worked fine, however the Database
Setup failed near the end with a message:

K

KM

Arnie,

You can expand the CABs manually (use WinZip, e.g.) preserving the proper directory structure and then launch the installer.
However, easiest solution for you I see right away is in ordering the XPE Eval CD from MS. You would only pay for shipping (12$?!).

--
Regards,
KM, BSquare Corp.

Yes, those files are there. I've got plenty of hd space too. It's strange that I'm seeing it on two different machines. I first
installed Tools, then Database Engine, then Database. During the setup, the progress bar gets all the way to the end and it says
it's "expanding Win XP embedded (approx 15 min)". It stays there for a minute or so and then errors out. Any other ideas? I
really want to check out xpe.

Ask a Question