error code c00d11c0

G

I am trying to burn a cd in media player 9 in windows xp from a playlist I created and I keep getting an error message that pops up and says

"Media Player encountered an unknown error. " and has 2 boxes to choose from "close" or "web help". When I click the "close" box it simply closes with no further instructions. When I click "web help" it tells me I have encounterd error message "c00d11c0" but doesn't give me any help for this problem.

This is a playlist I burned earlier on another cd and did not get this message. This is the 1st time I've ever gotten this message when trying to burn. Please help!
Thx!

I

Ionizer

GINGER said:
I am trying to burn a cd in media player 9 in windows xp from a playlist
I created and I keep getting an error message that pops up and says
"Media Player encountered an unknown error. " and has 2 boxes to choose
from "close" or "web help". When I click the "close" box it simply closes
with no further instructions. When I click "web help" it tells me I have
encounterd error message "c00d11c0" but doesn't give me any help for this
problem.
This is a playlist I burned earlier on another cd and did not get this
message. This is the 1st time I've ever gotten this message when trying to
burn. Please help!

I'm not sure how this applies to what you are trying to do, but here is
the MS explanation of that error code:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player/playererrors.aspx#c00d11c0_0x00000000

Regards,
Ian.

G

I followed the instructions on the link so I'll see what happens. Thanks so much for your help! I'm brand new to using the web player and burning cd's so if you have any advice I'd appreciate any and all. Have a great night.

G

hi ya i was wonderind if you managed to sort out the error code c00d11c0 if so please ,please can you help me sort mine out ...

G

Yes. I'm not sure what all the technical words mean but basically I was putting all my downloaded music into a temporary file so the next time I tried to use it it was gone, but I didn't know it. That error code is all I was getting. The easiest way I found to avoid it is by opening the shared folder where my downloaded music was, highlighting the track I wanted, right clicking on it and hitting play. then when it started playing, I went over to the media player and under the file menu I chose "Add to Media Library, Currently Playing track". I haven't rcvd the error one time on any of the ones I've downloaded now. I've made several cd's and they all came out great every time and the music plays perfectly on the media player now. Hope this helps.

Ask a Question