Error code 8024200D when installing SP2

Gordon Biggar

I am using Vista Home Premium (32 bit). When Windows Update recently
attempted to install (several times) SP2, the above-referenced error message
repeatedly prevented the install. Google showed a number of similar
references to problems related to SP1 (as of a year or so ago and less). Is
there a workaround for this message as it applies to SP2?

Gordon Biggar

Peter Foldes

Gordon

Error Code 0x8024200D is:
SUS_E_UH_NEEDANOTHERDOWNLOAD
The installer requires more data to be downloaded

See if this thread helps.

<http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...2e62&mid=ab1f7e75-6111-4be7-b0ac-236312e32e62>--PeterPlease Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of othersRequests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged."Gordon Biggar" <[email protected]> wrote in messageam using Vista Home Premium (32 bit). When Windows Update recently attempted toinstall (several times) SP2, the above-referenced error message repeatedly preventedthe install. Google showed a number of similar references to problems related toSP1 (as of a year or so ago and less). Is there a workaround for this message as itapplies to SP2?>> Gordon Biggar

Gordon Biggar

Earlier in the summer, I recall deleting one of Microsoft's updates. It was
discussed on this forum and, if I recall correctly, was causing problems
with printers, but I have forgotten now. Deleting same corrected the
problem, however. I don't know if re-installing it would solve the problem
(the error conditions possibly having been addressed in a later fix), but I
don't know how to access the archives, if that is at all possible. Logic
tells me that this would not correct the downloading error, however!

GGB