Windows 7 Error 2738 when trying to install Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer

Reaction score
I am trying to install Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer and it keeps giving me this error a second into installation. "The installer encountered an expectant error during installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2738". Any ideas? I got the installation download from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/cc184923.aspx. At first I was told not to try it on Windows 7 cuz there are gliches...but I tried installing it on 2 other PCs with XP, and both gave me another error stating that I did not have the right processor or something on those PCs. I am lost and need to use this program ASAP for a class assignment due soon.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
lmill152 said:
I am trying to install Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer and it keeps giving me this error a second into installation. "The installer encountered an expectant error during installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2738". Any ideas? I got the installation download from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/cc184923.aspx. At first I was told not to try it on Windows 7 cuz there are gliches...but I tried installing it on 2 other PCs with XP, and both gave me another error stating that I did not have the right processor or something on those PCs. I am lost and need to use this program ASAP for a class assignment due soon.

Have you tired downloading direct from Microsoft ? LINK

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
lmill152 said:

Wel I would say keep trying. Delete all instnaces of the download and start again. I have just runit on XP and W7 with no problem

Ask a Question