Erase a Dual Boot

H

HlfWyZyck

I am currently running a dual boot process with Windows XP Pro and Windows 2000. I no longer want to have Windows 2000 running on my computer. How do I get rid of the Windows 2000?

R

Rich Barry

If you have Win2k and WinXP on separate partitions then do not format the Win2k Partition. You can delete everything except
five files. Ntldr, Cmldr, Ntdetect.com, Bootsect.dos and Boot.ini. In order to see these files when in Windows Explorer
select Tools>Folder Options>View>Click Show hidden files and folders and Uncheck Hide protected operating system files.
If you have win2k and winxp on the same partition then check here. Michael talks about two WinXPs but it's the same procedure. http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#two
I am currently running a dual boot process with Windows XP Pro and Windows 2000. I no longer want to have Windows 2000 running on my computer. How do I get rid of the Windows 2000?

Ask a Question