Windows XP Epson Stylus photo RX520 all in one - scanner problem

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got the above on a windows xp system and the scanner is not working.
Also since installing this my digital camera is no longer recognised by the PC. I can download my pictures by putting the memory card into the Epson and doing it that way.

When I click on the Epson Scan desktop icon it says epson scan cannot be started and to run the troubleshooting assistant. This doesn't work and it says it cannot detect a scanner.

Am I going to have to re-install everything?

please help.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Did this work at any point or has it been like since you bought it?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Unplug the power supply, pause five seconds and reconnect it. Then try again.

If that doesn't work, try doing the same with the USB connection.

It still no work, go to Epson website and download latest software for your model and install it.

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Did this work at any point or has it been like since you bought it?

It has not worked since I first bought it and installed all the s/w about a month ago.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Unplug the power supply, pause five seconds and reconnect it. Then try again.

If that doesn't work, try doing the same with the USB connection.

It still no work, go to Epson website and download latest software for your model and install it.

Done all that, but it still doesn't work. I don't understand why the printer works, but not the scanner.

When I look at "Control Panel - Installed Scanners / Cameras" the only thing showing is my webcam camera. I've tried to re-install my Canon powershot A70 and the all-in-one to no avail. How do I get the plug and play thing to think they are new devices again to re-install them? or is this not the way to go?

Reaction score
graham_doh said:
. How do I get the plug and play thing to think they are new devices again to re-install them? or is this not the way to go?

It's always worth a try.

Start | Control Panel | System | Hardware | Device Mangler {8;-)) and with a right click to open the context menu uninstall all references to the all-in-one. That is even the parts that are working. Shut down the computer completely so you can cold boot when you are ready.

On starting Windows should find the hardware anew so have the driver installation disk(s) under your hand.

BTW - if this is a USB device it can be important as to when the power and the USB connections are made in the boot up & driver installation processes. So check the setting up instructions very carefully before doing anything.

Ask a Question