Epson Perfection 2480 very slow

Reaction score
Hello

i have an Epson Perfection 2480 USB 2.0 attached to an Athlon XP 2700+, NF2, 2x512 GB DDR 333, 2x80Gb ATA133 HDD, XP SP1 system and is considerably slow . Specificaly its slow opening , using, and closing the Epson Scan, and scaning 300dpi @ 48bit takes ages with breaks and lots of background processing.This isnt speed and behavior of todays standards, reminds me more of my old parallel scanner when scaning at 300 dpi was a no-no ...

Instead i have an Epson Perfection 2400 USB 2.0 attached to a Prescott 660 3.6, 2x1Gb DDR 400, 2 x 120GB SATA, XP SP1 system and the Epson Scan interface opens works and closes in a snap. Scaning also at 300dpi with 48 bit is a smooth uninterrupted snap too ... no background processing activity being noticed

In both cases i am refering to no descreen or sharpening been enabled

What could be the case ? The slowness of the Epson Scan interface indicate more something with windows and registry or the system USB ports healthy funtioning rather than the scanner's own hardware speed capabilities?

Any ideas?
Thank you

Last edited:

Ask a Question