Epson Perfection 1640 Twain question

Mike Dunstan

My 1640SU came with Twain driver v5.00a, which included a calibration
utility where you have to match up some grey stripes on the screen.
Following a problem with scanning into Acrobat, I installed the latest
driver for this scanner (v5.7 I think). This works fine, but there is no
calibration utility. Is this deliberate, or am I missing something?

Don

Interesting. I have a 1640SU, and don't recall it having a calibration
utility. If it did, I certainly never used it, and haven't found it
necessary. I did have, as you apparently also had, a problem with that
driver until I upgraded. The original one hung up with Photoshop and
generally behaved badly.

Don

Mike Dunstan

Don wrote in message said:
Interesting. I have a 1640SU, and don't recall it having a calibration
utility. If it did, I certainly never used it, and haven't found it
necessary. I did have, as you apparently also had, a problem with that
driver until I upgraded. The original one hung up with Photoshop and
generally behaved badly.

The calibration utility was found under the scanner icon in Control Panel.

As you say, the scanner seems to work well enough without it!

Mike