Epson 640 ink-alcoholic

A

ALBERT C. GOOD JR.

Was printing Christmas card envelopes and about the 10th envelope, I notices some smudged print and lines though the fonts at the end of that envelope.

These envelopes are no exactly flat.

At this point I decided that head cleaning was in order since the ink monitor was showing the cartridge to be about 75% full. That seemed to be approximately correct, judging from the quantity of ink it took later on. The cartridge that was in use when the problem occurred was a new 3rd party cartridge which was one of two of the same manufacture.

After cleaning, I did a test pattern and the machine yielded only a single dash from the test pattern.

Having now decided that the better judgement would be to put in a fresh cartridge, and having non at the moment, I installed a cleaning cartridge with the intent of minimizing evaporation of the ink. I then filled a cartridge and installed that with the previous results.

I've taken the refilled cartridge out and examined the discharge port and it appeared to be delivering ink so I blew on the vent to make certain that at lease there would be some ink available for the head.

Last I attempted to clean the face of the head with a wet Q-tip with no improvement.

I will appreciate your help.

A

Arthur Entlich

Please email me with the same information at:

e-printerhelp(at)mvps(dot)org

(at) = @
(dot) = .

and request my free Epson Cleaning Manual.

It may help. The 640 is a fairly reliable printer, in general. You
can, however, damage it doing the wrong thing.

Art

M

measekite

Arthur said:
Please email me with the same information at:

e-printerhelp(at)mvps(dot)org

(at) = @
(dot) = .

and request my free Epson Cleaning Manual.

HE DOES NOT WANT TO LOOSE CONTROL AND PLACE THE MANUAL ON HIS WEBSITE SO
BE SURE TO EMAIL HIM AT: (e-mail address removed)
SO HE CAN MAINTAIN CONTROL

A

ALBERT C. GOOD JR.

Art

I got your Manual and found it very helpful. It is certainly more
information that ws in the origional manual that the computer repair shop
managed to lose.

The printer is now working after lots of cleaning methods used.

Thanks again
Albert

Ask a Question