English not available for spell checking?

Bob Newman

In Windows Mail for Vista I get the following error message when trying to
use the spell checker (F7) for newsgroups posts: "This language is no
longer available for spell checking. Please select another in the spelling
options dialog". The option is set to English and that is where I'd like to
keep it.

Thanks in advance... Bob

mac

Bob Newman said:
In Windows Mail for Vista I get the following error message when trying to
use the spell checker (F7) for newsgroups posts: "This language is no
longer available for spell checking. Please select another in the
spelling options dialog". The option is set to English and that is where
I'd like to keep it.

Thanks in advance... Bob

Go to Tools>options>spelling tab, change the language selected to a
different one>apply,
Now set it back to English>apply>OK

Long tail

Steve: Sounds promising but I don't have options under tools in Windows
Vista. Can you help? --Carol

Gary VanderMolen

It's not Tools under Windows Vista.
It is Tools in the main screen of Windows Mail, not in a
message compose window.

mac

Sarah Mills said:
Where is the answer
to this question?

It is in this thread, for starters.

That is if you find your way back?

Search the newsgroup on one word --- customise --- all the best.

Aphrodite

Thanks Gary that did the trick! I was having the same problem. I didn't see
an options tap. Then options was in the windows mail and under tools then I
clicked on spelling and bingo I did the lang change and rechance. It worked ty

Christina

He calls me friend

:
Steve, you are my hero!
Go to Tools>options>spelling tab, change the language selected to a
different one>apply,
Now set it back to English>apply>OK

Grandma Mary

When I go to tool and check on the spelling tab that is when the message
keeps coming up. I can not get past the spelling tab. I do not see the
option to change language.

Earle Horton

You need to do this from the main Windows Mail window, not from the message
composition window. From the main Windows Mail window, Tools, Options,
Spelling. Choose French or something, then Apply. Then choose English,
Apply.

Earle

hi did you find out how to fix this??

Bob Newman said:
In Windows Mail for Vista I get the following error message when trying to
use the spell checker (F7) for newsgroups posts: "This language is no
longer available for spell checking. Please select another in the spelling
options dialog". The option is set to English and that is where I'd like to
keep it.

Thanks in advance... Bob

t-4-2

Since no one answers your query, allow me :
Tools > Options > Spelling, use the down-pointing arrowhead, find another
language other than the one you want(English), click that language > OK
Now repeat the steps till you come back to Spelling window. This time click
English > OK
** Also, make sure you put a checkmark on " Always check spelling before
sending "
It should spell check now.
t-4-2

"hi did you find out how to fix this??" <hi did you find out how to fix