Emulator + wifi

David Fúnez

Hi;

I want to know if i can emulate wifi with the VS.NET 2003 emulator ...? mi
PC has a wireless card to connect to Internet in my office.

I want that the emulator get connected to internet or to a PC via wireless.

It is possible...?

Thanks on advance.

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

No, I don't think that you can do that with the emulator. Use the real
device, which is what you'd have to do anyway in the real application to
test. Why are you concerned about *how* it's connected?

Paul T.

David Fúnez

Thanks for the answer;

It's because i don't have a real device, thats all.
yesterday, i connected the emulator to internet, i did it via
configuration.
Today i will try to get connected to a PC via wireless with the emulator..

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

Right. There's an emulated *wired* Ethernet adapter in the emulator. You
can do ordinary network programming via that. It doesn't sound like you
care how the connection is actually made. Where it would matter is if your
program is going to do something that is specific to *wireless* Ethernet
connection, which obviously wouldn't work in the emulator.

Paul T.

David Fúnez

Thanks for answer.... wow i think is time to buy my own PPC to make real
tests.

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

Certainly, the emulator is *not* a suitable testing platform for a
commercially released application for PPC. However, you don't need to have
a wireless network connection to test network functionality, as I said.
Sockets don't care whether they are running over wireless or wired networks.
Your code is insulated from that detail, as I said, unless you are doing
something that is wireless-specific.

Paul T.

--
David Fúnez
Tegucigalpa, Honduras

David Fúnez said:
Thanks for the answer;

It's because i don't have a real device, thats all.
yesterday, i connected the emulator to internet, i did it via
configuration.
Today i will try to get connected to a PC via wireless with the
emulator..

--
David Fúnez
Tegucigalpa, Honduras