EMS under Win XP

G

Can someone please explain in terms that even an idiot like me can understand, how to solve the following problem

How do I make EMS memory available? I am currently attempting to run Eye of the Beholder III, and prior to the program actually starting I get a message stating "At least 983040 EMS Memory required for digitized sound support. Digitized sound will not be available.

Since I have over 250 MB of installed memory, and I previously ran this program on a 486 under Windows 95 with only 16 MB of RAM, I don't understand the problem

If I go to properties for the program shortcut, I only have the option of making a max of 16384 EMS available, nowhere near enough

I've tried AbandonLoader and VDMS sound, both with no success. Also do joy with DOS Box

Any suggestions

Thank you

Tom Pont

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Enable Expanded Memory in Windows XP
http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/emsxp.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| Can someone please explain in terms that even an idiot like me can understand, how to solve the following
problem.
|
| How do I make EMS memory available? I am currently attempting to run Eye of the Beholder III, and prior to
the program actually starting I get a message stating "At least 983040 EMS Memory required for digitized sound
support. Digitized sound will not be available."
|
| Since I have over 250 MB of installed memory, and I previously ran this program on a 486 under Windows 95
with only 16 MB of RAM, I don't understand the problem.
|
| If I go to properties for the program shortcut, I only have the option of making a max of 16384 EMS
available, nowhere near enough.
|
| I've tried AbandonLoader and VDMS sound, both with no success. Also do joy with DOS Box.
|
| Any suggestions?
|
| Thank you:
|
| Tom Ponta
|

Ask a Question