Employee scheduling and re-assigning problem.

K

knox5731

Hi, I have two lists. One is of the employees home position, and another is of other positions they are cross trained in. Lastly, I keep record of if they are absent or not.

How in excel can I program, the list of all the home positions and slot the employees into all the positions, and ensure they are all covered when there are some people absent? How would I structure this in excel?

K

knox5731

Hi, I have two lists. One is of the employees home position, and anotheris of other positions they are cross trained in. Lastly, I keep record ofif they are absent or not.

How in excel can I program, the list of all the home positions and slot the employees into all the positions, and ensure they are all covered when there are some people absent? How would I structure this in excel?

Tab 1: Employee home position
Tab 2: Employees (listed multiple times) and other non-home positions theycan work.
tab 3: Absent or not

How do I write a macro (don't need exact code, just some direction) on how to iterate through this? I need all home positions covered, so if an employee is absent it needs to iterate through the tab 2 items and get the best fit to cover it all. Thoughts?

Ask a Question