Drop Down Lists - Shrinking the List

restaurant Q

My problem is as follows: I have 10 cells in a spreadsheet that denote 10
different physical "positions" in a restaurant. I use the same drop down
list for each cell, and that list is made up of 10 employee names, so that I
may assign a separate employee to each of the 10 positions. What I would
like is for the drop down list to only show the names of employees that have
not yet been assigned. For instance, for the first position, the drop down
list will show all 10 employees available (for example, Employees are A, B,
C...J). However, if I choose employee A to work in that first position, then
the drop down list for position 2 would show only the remaining 9 available,
as yet unpicked, Employees (B, C, ....J). Is this possible

Jim Cone

Debra Dalgleish shows how...
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"restaurant Q"
<restaurant (e-mail address removed)>
wrote in message
My problem is as follows: I have 10 cells in a spreadsheet that denote 10
different physical "positions" in a restaurant. I use the same drop down
list for each cell, and that list is made up of 10 employee names, so that I
may assign a separate employee to each of the 10 positions. What I would
like is for the drop down list to only show the names of employees that have
not yet been assigned. For instance, for the first position, the drop down
list will show all 10 employees available (for example, Employees are A, B,
C...J). However, if I choose employee A to work in that first position, then
the drop down list for position 2 would show only the remaining 9 available,
as yet unpicked, Employees (B, C, ....J). Is this possible

JoelS

My problem is as follows:  I have 10 cells in a spreadsheet that denote10
different physical "positions" in a restaurant.  I use the same drop down
list for each cell, and that list is made up of 10 employee names, so that I
may assign a separate employee to each of the 10 positions.  What I would
like is for the drop down list to only show the names of employees that have
not yet been assigned.  For instance, for the first position, the drop down
list will show all 10 employees available (for example, Employees are A, B,
C...J).  However, if I choose employee A to work in that first position, then
the drop down list for position 2 would show only the remaining 9 available,
as yet unpicked, Employees (B, C, ....J).  Is this possible

I think your answer is found at this site:

Homey

i try this download and it work very nise. one thing to know is i think
excel have to be in automatic calc mode else it not work right.