Excel Emailing Single Sheet From Excel

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I use Excel 2007 and sometimes I want to email parts of it . However, I do not want to email the whole workbook but only one sheet,or sometimes just a small selection and this does not seem possible at the moment. Previously I had Excel 2003 running and emailing a single sheet was very easy as I was given the option of single sheet or whole workbook. I am told that the more modern versions of Excel do not allow this, which doesn't seem like progress to me.

I can copy one sheet over to a new workbook and then email the new workbook but I wondered if there was a quicker way to do it. I have heard that there are Add-Ons for Excel that can be downloaded which allow for only one sheet to be emailed. I found one on the Microsoft website called RDB Mail but as I went through the download procedure I got warnings that it may have been an unsafe site so I did not continue with it. I wondered if this was just my anti-virus system (MSE) being extra cautious. A pal of mine has it on his PC and has not had any problems.

Does anyone know of a safe way to do this? And, has anyone heard of RDB Mail and, if so, is it safe?

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Thanks for that, SHS.

I've had a look at it and, of course, the Options in Excel 2007 are not the same as those in Excel 2010, meaning that I cannot set things up as suggested in the display.

:) However, at the bottom of the article there is a link

http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/...

which explains in detail how to manually add the Send To Mail Recipient tab into Excel 2007.

I have done this and I now have the option to send the whole workbook OR the selected sheet.:dance::thumb::)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Wouldn't have got it without your input, SHS. :bow::bow::bow::bow:

I cannot imagine why it is not a default setting on the more recent versions of Excel. :confused:

It certainly was on Excel 2003.

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
it is probably M$ trying to give us better options and not realizing that they broke something. Also, as technology moves forward, somethings need to go away.

ultimately, I have no idea. I just try to make it work the best I can.

Ask a Question