Email signatures need to be migrated to a new computer

How do I migrate the email signatures that I have setup in Word 2003 on my
old laptop to Word 2003 on my ned laptop?

Suzanne S. Barnhill

This is not a Word issue. Post a question in a newsgroup for Outlook,
Outlook Express, or whatever other mail client you are using.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

all may benefit.

"Excel to convert UK pounds to US dollars"

Suzanne:

I respectflully beg to differ. I am using Word as my email editor and the
signatures are set up in Word not in Outlook. Go to Word > Tools > Options >
General tab > Email Options button and you will see the email signature setup
I am talking about.

JoAnn Paules [MVP]

You are using Word as an email *editor*, not your email program. It's not a
Word issue.

(I'd bet my mortgage payment that Suzanne has a better grasp of the
situation that you and I combined could ever hope to have.)

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Not necessarily, since I've never used Word as an email editor. If the
signatures are saved as part of the Options, then they're saved in the
Registry.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

all may benefit.

JoAnn Paules said:
You are using Word as an email *editor*, not your email program. It's not a
Word issue.

(I'd bet my mortgage payment that Suzanne has a better grasp of the
situation that you and I combined could ever hope to have.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Okay - then I'll hang on to that mortgage payment but you still know more
about Word than I can hope to learn.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Suzanne S. Barnhill said:
Not necessarily, since I've never used Word as an email editor. If the
signatures are saved as part of the Options, then they're saved in the
Registry.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA

so
all may benefit.

:

This is not a Word issue. Post a question in a newsgroup for Outlook,
Outlook Express, or whatever other mail client you are using.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA

so
all may benefit.

"Excel to convert UK pounds to US dollars"
message How do I migrate the email signatures that I have setup in Word 2003 on
my
old laptop to Word 2003 on my ned laptop?

So who at Microsoft do I ask this question?
--
Alan

JoAnn Paules said:
[...]

You can call Microsoft.
http://www.microsoft.com/services/microsoftservices/srv_support.mspx will
get your started. Please be aware that it will cost approx $35 US for their
support.

Copy and paste into an email and send it to the other computer for another
copy and paste seems just so darned obvious to me. But what do we know?
We're just free and I guess you want to spend money.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Suzanne S. Barnhill said:
Not necessarily, since I've never used Word as an email editor. If the
signatures are saved as part of the Options, then they're saved in the
Registry.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

[...]

in
message How do I migrate the email signatures that I have setup in Word
2003
on
my
old laptop to Word 2003 on my ned laptop?

Graham Mayor

I have never used Word as my Outlook editor either - except for testing
purposes - but it uses the signatures stored at
"C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures"
whether you use Word or Outlook's own editor. Copy the contents of this
folder to the other PC.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

alanb said:
[...]

<[email protected]>
wrote in message
How do I migrate the email signatures that I have setup in Word
2003 on my
old laptop to Word 2003 on my ned laptop?

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Thanks, Graham.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill