Windows XP Email Problems

Reaction score
Hi,

When seding an email with Microsoft Outlook, outlook will say the email has been sent, then a pop up box comes from Norton Internet Security 2004 saying it is scanning my email even though email scanning has been dissabled. but about 1 minuit later the email scanning box is still there and i will get a worning from internet security saying my email could nt be sent because the mail server has timed out, please re send the email.

I can send emails to a few address no prolem, but every other i send i get this message, evan though email scanning has been disabled,

Any suggestions?

KGB

PS, there is something wrong with this site, every time i try to post something it takes ages and then comes up with this page cannot be sent, causing me to rewrite my pos, i have taken to copying everything i write so that when this happenes i can paste what i wrote.

Reaction score
The only way i can send emails is to dissable internet security and anti virus, need help!

it took me 4 trys to post the message above, i think there is something wrong with this site, maybe overload.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thats strange about the site error KGB, could you copy and paste the error (or even better, take a screen shot) and I'll see what I can do.

Try going into the AntiVirus options and see if there are any options about "authentication" or anything similar :)

Reaction score
Soory, just seen what i put, it isent a site error, it is just the internet explorer 'this page cannot be displayed' page i can get a screenshot if you want,

KGB

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ah ok, if its that sort of error it is most likely something temporary at the ISP end. If it is still doing it on Monday though, I'll take a look through the logs. Matt had a similar problem I think yesterday, but I'll keep an eye on this :)

Reaction score
I have been having this problem for a week or so (the one with this site)

(the email problems only started yesterday)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
KGB-911 said:
I tried o post a nem post in the modding section, but it will not let me
I have no idea why that is... what happens?

Reaction score
I tried to post a new post in the modding section, but it will not let me.
I also tried to post a new poll in the off-topic section, and after 3 tries it has let me.

I keep getting the Page cannot be displayed Message, And i keep loosing my posts

KGB

PS i have a screenshot, but that wont upload either.

Reaction score
Have you changed ISP recently.

It could be a proxy server issue that may be slowing things down or if you are having e-mail probs and internet it could be your isp has changed something or is having some troubles.

If you are using NIS2003 have you went into the advanced options and unchecked the protect against timeouts as well as scan outgoing mail. I don't know the security risks in doing this but it may stop the timeouts.

Also go into your accounts in the Outlook Express and check that there is no mention of Norton in the pop3 address.

Depending what version you are using, earlier Norton AV used to amend the POP3 account so that it had a norton addres followed by a / then yours.

Reaction score
I changed ISP's from Netscaliber (Dircon) To BT Bradband about a month ago, but my email has noting to do with my ISP, i use completely differnt system.

I cant find that option you said, (I use NIS2004)

There is no mention of NIS/NAV in my accounts.

Thanks,
KGB

Reaction score
Is your e-mail with your old ISP. Some ISPs don't allow you to use their settings if you don't go through them to log on. E.G If you dial up with another provider or connect via broadband through another ISP.

The settings I found were in NIS2003 and are under the following:

Double click on the Norton AntiVirus logo
Go to Options --> Click on E-mail at the side and then advanced (below where you have just clicked, )

It might not be in NIS 2004.

Check your proxy server in Internet Explorer uder Tools --> Internet Options --> Connections --> Settings and make sure the proxy server web address is not your old ISP as this might be affecting your web functions.

Reaction score
Thanks, i found it.

My email came with my website. i get 150 email accounts with it, i only use 7 though.

Ask a Question