Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 11:13:44 -0500
From: SOMEONE
To: ME
Subject: Test w/ attachment

------=_Part_10386_22021441.1199463224883

------=_Part_10387_15664722.1199463224884

And then the rest is similar to this:
LS0tLS0tLS0tLSBGb3J3YXJkZWQgbWVzc2FnZSAtLS0tLS0tLS0tCkZyb206IERlcmVrIFdhbmcg

Followed by the attachment (a word document usually) that is similar
to that mess above.

If I get the same message online or in Outlook 2000 or Outlook
Express, it is fine.

Any idea? I've looked around for something to do with GB2312, but
nothing has helped. Is it possible to fix our problem without
upgrading right now?

Thanks.

Ed

Brian Tillman

We are having problems with some of our emails, usually coming from
Asian countries.

One of our users is sending in email, usually with attachments, and in
Outlook 98 it comes in as garbage. It shows no receipient and no
sender in the Outlook header and then it looks like this:

Outlook 98 is having trouble with the headers and is not interpreting the
parts of the message properly. It could be that the sending client isn't
adhering to the standards that OL 98 expects. Outlok 98 is ten years old.
It has many vulnerabilities in its HTML rendering. I wouldn't trust it
anyway.

That said, make sure that nothing stands between the server and OL 98.
Disable all mail scanning, if you have any, and see if that makes a
difference. Make sure there are no add-ins in Outlook as well.