Eliminate stale reminders

Evan-Dr.E-4DSC Productions

I utilize the outlook calendar for all work meetings and personal
appointments. Often I may be offline or away from my computer during
meetings. When I return, hours or days later I get numerous "stale"
reminders for meetings that were scheduled/happened in the past. These are
useless and I have to go through the nuisance of "dismissing" each of these.
I would like to be able to "turn off" receipt of any reminders that are for
past events. Future is valid, but past is worthless.

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Version of Outlook? If its one that has a unified dialog, select all and
dismiss. With older versions that use individual windows you'd need to turn
off reminders in tools, options, then turn them back on. That's really only
useful for vacation use. See
http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041130.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

mailto:[email protected]

Do you keep Outlook open 24/7? Vote in our poll:

"Evan-Dr.E-4DSC Productions" <Evan-Dr.E-4DSC
news:[email protected]...

Evan-Dr.E-4DSC Productions

Hi, it's Outlook 2007 SP2. To be clear, I'm looking for a feature or setting
to have the system not ever send me reminders for anything that is in the
past. I don't want to have to manually Dismiss anything, whether it's one
reminder or All. The system should be smart enough to know what's old.

Thanks for the reply!

Diane Poremsky said:
[...]

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Some people want to be reminded until they dismiss the reminder and Outlook
doesn't offer a way to tell outlook to only remind you if the appointment
isn't past - it reminds you until you dismiss an appointment.

You have two choices: either disable all reminders or dismiss them as they
show up. With outlook 2007, it’s a simple process to disable a group of
reminders - select the first one, Shift+PgDown and Dismiss.

--

Diane Poremsky said:
[...]

Chad

I'm have essentially the same problem but under different
circumstances. I use Outlook to keep track of what I've been doing for
timesheet purposes in addition to future appointments. If I just
finished working on a project for the last hour, I'll fill in an
appointment for it. Sometimes it will be late in the day and I'll fill
in several things I've been working on all day. I have now created .
The difference from the prior question is that I created appointments
that happened in the past, but the reminders come up anyway. It should
be trivially easy to check against the current time and have it ignore
events created after they were finished yet still maintain reminders
for future events.

Is there no option or setting for this at all? (Outlook 2007 SP2.)

Thanks.

Some people want to be reminded until they dismiss the reminder and Outlook
doesn't offer a way to tell outlook to only remind you if the appointment
isn't past - it reminds you until you dismiss an appointment.

You have two choices: either disable all reminders or dismiss them as they
show up. With outlook 2007, it’s a simple process to disable a group of
reminders - select the first one, Shift+PgDown and Dismiss.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com