Edit with Notepad 4

Thanks Brian for your help, we are getting closer, but......
Yes notepad opens with the html code over the all page and I would like to
correct that, so to be able to open the notepad from the icon from the
Internet Explorer toolbar(the one on top of my PC) blank, all blank and
start typing right away from there.
The Q. is : how and what to do to have it my way?

Teja

Select the *.html file
Right click on it
click open with ....
Select Internet explorer
and check the box which says "always use this program to open this type
of file"
that should do it
:D

PinG

"darts44" <[email protected]>
wrote in message | <SNIP> I would like to <SNIP> be able to open the notepad from the icon
| from the Internet Explorer toolbar(the one on top of my PC) blank, all
| blank and start typing right away from there.<SNIP>

A workaround would be to:

- put a shortcut to notepad in the Internet Explorer Links toolbar
- show the Internet Explorer Links toolbar
- click that notepad icon instead of the "Edit" button

For some information on the Links Bar search Internet Explorer Help for "To
add a page to the Links bar".

For some information on how "To make a shortcut in a folder" search the
Windows XP Professional Help and Support Center for the words in
double-quotes.

See also:
Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer Newsgroups
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/support/newsgroups/default.mspx

could you give me more details to where on the notepad to select the *.html
file. thank

Hi PinG, but..... i don't want to put a shortcut to notepad etc.... all i
want is to use the icon "Edit with Notepad" the way it was mean to work in
the first place. So i need to know how to fix the prolbem. thank