Edit embedded bitmap file on form

Reaction score
I'm trying to add a control on to a form to take a person's signature. I'm not using a tablet pc, just a usb tablet and pen. I would like to load the form with a blank bitmap or jpeg image in the control, get the signature and then save the image on close as an external file - if that's really not possible then we could save it as an OLE object or image field in the record. Ideally I would just name the file with the unique Id of the record so that it can be fetched
back when needed.

I've tried adding an unbound OLE paint control, but can't seem to save the image - I used the code:
SavePicture Me!imgSig.Object, stFile
and got the error:
The component doesn't support Automation.
Also, the idea is to edit the image directly in the form, rather than by opening Paint, which I managed by setting the verb to 1.

Then I tried using a bound object frame, but in this case I can't get the control to open for editing within the form, paint opens in order to edit the control. I'm also not clear how to load the source document for the control in a new record.

I had a look at using MS Ink but that seems to be formulated for Tablet pc's.

Has anyone had any experience with this? I'm a bit lost!
Any suggestions would be great, thanks.

Ask a Question