Subject: ECC or non ECC ram?
From: "Alan" (e-mail address removed)
Date: 30/06/03 09:24 Pacific Daylight Time

I have an asus p4c800 deluxe mb on order. I'm trying to figure out what ram
to buy. There are two types of kingston ram you can get, ECC DIMM 2.5CL or
DIMM 2.5CL. Also there is DIMM 3-3-3. Which RAM should i go for? What
about the different numbers, like 2.5CL and 3-3-3?

thx
alan

The lower the CL the better.

See this page for the terms used for DDR RAM. The 333 refers to PC2700 or
DDR333 RAM. -

http://www.legge40.freeserve.co.uk/RAM.htm

Try searching crucial.com for your motherboard.

If its there, all of the RAM that the board runs will be provided plus the
cost.

Eric,
PC Buyer Beware!
http://www.legge40.freeserve.co.uk/BuyerBeware.htm

Chris Windsor

I second the suggestion on trying www.crucial.com as they have a nice
feature where you plug in your motherboard model number and they tell you
what memory sticks are compatible with it.