Windows XP Easy Clean - Registry cleaner and system tweaker

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Novices and geeks are always afraid of tweaking the registry as a simple mistake can crash the system which may never restart resulting in reinstallation of the operating system. A complete system may take anywhere from couple of hours to a day if all the programs one is using need to be installed.

There are many programs out there which are either too simple in the sense that they do not help much or are too difficult to understand as far as average Joe is concerned.

I came across one such program which I found to be extremely simple (user friendly) and also at the same time remarkably effective. It is not just a registry cleaner but much more than that.

This is what I call user-friendly!

ECss1.jpg

I personally installed it on 5 different machines and the results were simply amazing. It not only cleaned the invalid entries but improved the speed of the computing as well. The shutdowns and startups were twice as fast. This improvement was evident on older PIII 667 machines, my IBM laptop as well as recent P4 machines. It basically works on all operating systems, I have installed it on machines with Windows ME, Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

If you think your machine is not having any invalid registry entry, try it and you will get a surprise as to how many this program finds. On the 5 machines that I installed this software, the number of invalid entries were from anywhere as low as 15 to as high as 94!

This software was downloaded 45000 times on a site having 10,000 members since it was added on the site about a month back.

If you use this software, report your basic findings like speed improvements, number of invalid entries etc. for the benefit of our fellow members.

Here is the link to the website from where you can download the software.

Easy Cleaner

Disclaimer:

Please understand that I am recommending this software not only in good faith but have tested it on 5 machines before posting this message. If you feel uncomfortable in using the software please do not install or run it on your machine.

I give this software nothing less than 5 Stars

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for pointing this out Quad, I had never heard of it before! :D

Reaction score
Just like to say i usually hate these sort of apps and really don't trust them, but i thought i'd give this ago because the gleaming review, and i agree it's easy to use and effective, it found 97 invalid or unused registry entries which it then removed, and the best bit is windows still boots!!! so far so good, cheers Quad.

J

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Techy,

Thank you for the feedback, it really helps :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm the same Techy, I have never really trust these apps after a bad experience with "CleanSweep"... I must say though, I am impressed with this application :)

196 invalid Reg Entries here!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Ian,

Looks like you have been playing a lot with your computer! :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
hehe, would you believe it is only 3 weeks old too! ;)

I think I need to stop installing so much!

Reaction score
I am just downloading it now...

Quad, when you say you give it 5 stars, is it 5/5 or 5/10?

KGB

Reaction score
I win guys!!

Quad, it is so easy to use, i just installed it, hit 2 buttons, and off she went!

Back to me winning, i got 255 Invalid entrys!

Kye

Reaction score
normally running anything like this tends too totallly bugger up my computer. i run AdAware, Diskcleanup, PC Bug Doctor in that order.

ill give this a try. at least i have somone too blame if it all goes wrong :D ( lol joking )

as long as i can choose what registeries i can delete. rather go though them myself then trust the software.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I use a program simulaur to that, its called Crap Cleaner , it cleans all your registery and things like that, and it also fixs broken shortcuts n stuff like that.

1st time i ran it, it cleared more than 850mb worth of stuff! :eek:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Crap Cleaner? I thought you was having a laugh there mr reef :D

But no, it's for real. I might give that a try, I like the fact it cleans out Opera Browser stuff as well.

I'm currently user MRU (Most Recently Used) Blaster and Reg Cleaner, they seem to do a good job.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Crap Cleaner? I thought you was having a laugh there mr reef :D
It is a little crude for the name of a program, but at least its different ;).

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
KGB,

Its 5/5 :)

I guess I was hibernating as I just noticed your response only today :(

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I know its months later but the review has persuaded me to give this a try...

I don't usually like these apps either but you have all said good things about it...Hopefully 5 months later and everyone that installed this on there machine still has it running and has not encountered any problems thus far....

Could anybody confirm this..;)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I still use it daily, and also a very good program called Rigistry Mechanic, it isnt free, but its the bizness ;).

Reaction score
just installed it

came up with 136 invalid registry files!

yikes! I deleted them all but havent restarted yet!!!!!

if u dont hear from me for a long time ull know my comp is messed up!!!! :(

wish me luck................

psd99

Ask a Question