DVD player

Reaction score
hi people. i know this has nothing to do with PC's but i thought i would ask anyway as i have nowhere else i can find and i find this site very reliable and helpful.
My DVD player was working fine until about a week ago any DVD i try to play will play for about 5 seconds and then stop for a couple of seconds and then continue, it does it with every DVD i use and it has become really irritating as it is quite new. i was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions. any would be very much appreciated, thanks a lot.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Which player are we talking about and when did you buy it?

It sure is an unusual problem. Since you say that it is "quite new" I would, if I were you, get a replacement under warranty or atleast have it checked for the particular fault.

Reaction score
tedda222 said:
any DVD i try to play will play for about 5 seconds and then stop for a couple of seconds and then continue, it does it with every DVD i use.

is there some sort of 'playback' option that u have pressed on the remote? maybe fiddle about with the remote and change the settings.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
tedda222 said:
hi people. i know this has nothing to do with PC's but i thought i would ask anyway as i have nowhere else i can find and i find this site very reliable and helpful.
My DVD player was working fine until about a week ago any DVD i try to play will play for about 5 seconds and then stop for a couple of seconds and then continue, it does it with every DVD i use and it has become really irritating as it is quite new. i was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions. any would be very much appreciated, thanks a lot.
Is it still under warantee ... get it replaced.

;)

Reaction score
i have had it about a year, it is nothing to do with the remote or the settings. i havent a clue what is wrong with it. i havent got the warranty any more lol. it was working fine and then simply just started doing it with all DVDs. VCDs and CDs work fine on it though. it was an expensive home theater system so i dont just want to get a new one. thanks for responses.

Reaction score
tedda222 said:
i have had it about a year, it is nothing to do with the remote or the settings. i havent a clue what is wrong with it. i havent got the warranty any more lol. it was working fine and then simply just started doing it with all DVDs. VCDs and CDs work fine on it though. it was an expensive home theater system so i dont just want to get a new one. thanks for responses.

pop down to Tescos and buy yourself a new DVD player. come on its near Christmas!
i got my one from them for 22 quid! not bad if u ask me!

Ask a Question