dvd burner

G

my dvd burner is having more writing errors everyday. I currently use dvdxcopy express. I went from a 16X write speed to a 1X write speed. The blank disc is 4x write speed. Should I update my driver for the burner, if so how do I, and where do I. I have Windows XP Pro and nec burner. The computers from DELL. I have uninstalled dvdxcopy and reinstalled it, no help. I noticed though in the options window of dvdxcopy, the copy path stays the same after reinstalling instead of going back to its default path. Is the software not fully unistalling? Could it be bad? the software is actually a burned copy from a friend, although it used to work all the time.

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

I don't think anyone can really help you if, as you say,
"the software is actually a burned copy from a friend".

I would suggest you purchase your own DVD burning
program, such as Nero 6 (http://www.nero.com/us/index.html).

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| my dvd burner is having more writing errors everyday. I currently use dvdxcopy express. I went from a 16X
write speed to a 1X write speed. The blank disc is 4x write speed. Should I update my driver for the burner,
if so how do I, and where do I. I have Windows XP Pro and nec burner. The computers from DELL. I have
uninstalled dvdxcopy and reinstalled it, no help. I noticed though in the options window of dvdxcopy, the
copy path stays the same after reinstalling instead of going back to its default path. Is the software not
fully unistalling? Could it be bad? the software is actually a burned copy from a friend, although it used to
work all the time.

Ask a Question