Durham Cathedral - Harry Potter Set

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Pics from a trip to Durham which is pretty close to us. Harry Potter was filmed in places here, mainly on the inside though :)

I tried tweaking the photo in Paint Shop Pro, but I think I overdid it a little bit :crazy:

<center>
</center>

Attachments

• durham1.jpg
    durham1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,708

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
<center>
</center>

Attachments

• durham2.jpg
    durham2.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 3,349

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Ian,

I am afraid the sky is completely washed out in the first pic, I like the angle though and I think that if the picture was taken at a different time it might look very good indeed.

The second pic has interesting lighting but I have a feeling that the colors are slightly off or incorrect if I may say so. You are obviously a better judge.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I agree with you quad, I took the photos at the wrong time of day and I messed them up in Paint Shop Pro. Oops ;)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Try GIMP which is an alternative to Photoshop. You may download it from their site and see if it helps you in any way retouching or altering your pictures. It is an open source software and is FREE!

GIMP

8)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Cheers Quad! I've always seen GIMP, but I have only used it for a few minutes with Linux. I'll download it tonight now that you have recommended it! :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Forgot to reply to this thread ages ago ;) I downloaded GIMP and it is great :D Very, very good for a free solution!

Ask a Question