duplicate profile problem

If_Its_Junk

I have user 4 profiles, an owner (admin), 2 personal (restricted), and a
guest.

I am trying to make a duplicate copy of one of the personal profiles. I
followed the directions at:

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/dupprofile.htm

When I select the profile to copy from, the "Copy To" button is grayed out.

Is there a back door method of copying the profile?

David H. Lipman

Logon as another account then copy that source to the destination. If you are logged onto
the account being copied, it will be grayed out. Also when logged onto another account,
other than the one being copied, if it is grey out, reboot and re-logon and it shouldn't be
greyed out anymore.

--
Dave

"If_Its_Junk" <If_Its_Junk at hotmail dot com> wrote in message
| I have user 4 profiles, an owner (admin), 2 personal (restricted), and a
| guest.
|
| I am trying to make a duplicate copy of one of the personal profiles. I
| followed the directions at:
|
| http://windowsxp.mvps.org/dupprofile.htm
|
| When I select the profile to copy from, the "Copy To" button is grayed out.
|
| Is there a back door method of copying the profile?

For best results, login as the Administrator to perform the
profile copying (that way you are ASSURED of having all the
necessary access rights to the different components of the
Original and Duplicate profiles).