Dual Boot

Frankie

I had Win98 on a machine and loaded 2000 to dual boot but,
there is no option to boot to Win98 now. Any ideas on how
to get that noption back?

Dave Patrick

Sounds like you may have done an upgrade instead of dual-boot.

Microsoft MVP [Windows NT/2000 Operating Systems]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect.

:
| I had Win98 on a machine and loaded 2000 to dual boot but,
| there is no option to boot to Win98 now. Any ideas on how
| to get that noption back?

No I installed to seperate drives and 2K recognized
another OS being installed and created a small partition
with a boot.ini file but Win98 is not listed in the
boot.ini.

Dave Patrick

Possibly add on a separate line to boot.ini under [operating systems]
C:\="Microsoft Windows"

Not sure what you mean by "and created a small partition with a boot.ini
file" This isn't normal behavior.

Microsoft MVP [Windows NT/2000 Operating Systems]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect.

| No I installed to seperate drives and 2K recognized
| another OS being installed and created a small partition
| with a boot.ini file but Win98 is not listed in the
| boot.ini.

Tom Acker[MSFT]

check out

306559 HOW TO: Create a Multiple-Boot System in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=306559

Behavior for XP will be same as for 2K.

Post your boot.ini

From: "Dave Patrick" <[email protected]>