driver for nomad jukebox zen

J

J Craft

I'm receiving an error when trying to manually install my
nomad jukebox zen USB 2.0. The error message is "error
loading ctjb2sp.dll a dynamic link library (DLL)
initialization routine failed. Where can I find the
driver for this? It will not install properly from the
installation disk supplied with the product and were
advised by Creative Labs (mfg. of the jukebox zen) that
it is a Windows problem.

G

The following are copies of email from

mailto:[email protected]

Solved the connection problem, but still working on the upload problem ???

Connection Problem
---------------------------
1 >>> Unable to load software when connecting the "zen" via the USB "new hardware found" wizard appears, but I am unable to complete the installation
2 >>>Also having problems installing "playcenter" software due to XP "logo testing" compatability ??
3 >>>I have downloaded the XP software driver "DRV_nm2" from your site and installed it, but this has not fixed the problem
4 >>>Also tried deleteing driver from windows "device manager", re-booting etc

Dear Sir

Connect your Jukebox Zen to the PC - if the "Found New Hardware Wizard" appears, simply cancel it. Open the Windows Device Manager, the Zen will either be listed under the USB Controllers category or as a Unknown Device under an Unknown/Other Devices category

Regardless of where it is listed, double click on the entry to enter the Properties window. Go to the Driver tab and select Update Driver. Select "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)" and click on the "Next" button. Then, select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install" and click on the "Next" button again

Now, if the Zen was detected as an Unknown/Other Device, at this stage you will be asked to specify the product category. Select "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" from the list and click on "Next" once more. (If it was detected under the USB Controllers category in the first place, this step will not appear)

You will now be at a stage where there's a list showing compatible hardware for the device you are trying to install (though nothing may belisted). At the bottom right corner of this list, there will be a buttonlabeled "Have Disk"

Click on it to bring up a "Copy from Disk" window and then click on "Browse". The "Locate File" window comes up. You must now point the installation to C (where "C" is the letter corresponding to your hard drive):\Program Files\Creative\Jukebox 3 Drivers

In that folder, you will find a CTPDUSB file. Select this and click on "Open" and then on "Ok" to get back to the hardware list window

The Zen will now be available in the list and you should first select it, and then click on "Next". The files will start to copy over - if you receive a Windows Logo warning, click on "Continue Anyway" to complete the installation. Creative has tested these drivers on Windows XP, and they do not impair or destabilize your computer.

Once the file copy is complete, click on the "Finish" option to finalize the process.

With the drivers properly installed, you can proceed to install Creative Mediasource - instead of Playcenter - the new software now bundled with our latest MP3 players. Do not disconnect the Zen from the PC during this process, then download and install the following file

http://uk.europe.creative.com/support/drivers/eula.asp?id=386

However, before you can begin using Mediasource with the Zen, you must also download and install the following file (still keeping the Zen connected to the PC)

http://uk.europe.creative.com/support/drivers/eula.asp?id=706

Finally, I am not sure which driver file you may have tried installing, but "Drv_nm2" is not one of the drivers designed for use with the Jukebox Zen under Windows XP. The latest driver for your unit can be found at

http://uk.europe.creative.com/support/drivers/product.asp?bypass=1&category
10&os=10&driverlang=1&prod=431&drivertype=

The filenames are JBDrvWHQL_1_20_04c.exe and JBDrv_1_21_01a.exe.

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again

Best Regard

ANOTHER PROBLEM .... Uploaa

I keep loosing the connection when transferring files from the Zen -to- m
computer. Sometimes I can transfer a maximum of 5 folders before oozing the connection, other times I have to transfer files one at a time.!!!

I had none of these problems when using windows 2000.....the problem
started when using windows XP professional.!!!!

Is there any plans to release XP compatible software ???

regards

Dear Peter,

The software I recommended in my previous e-mail is fully XP compatible - as you may have noticed, the JBDrvWHQL_1_20_04c.exe driver is even digitally signed by the Microsoft Windows Hardware Quality Labs. The issue is not the fact that you are now using Windows XP instead of 2000,but most likely the way some software/hardware interacts with the Jukebox software or hardware.

Initially I would suggest you try a Clean Up on the Zen itself from the built in Rescue Mode. In order to do this:

Turn the Zen off and disconnect it from the PC. Leave it connected to the mains adapter though.

Hold down the Play/Pause Button on the Zen. Insert a paper clip into the Reset hole in order to press the reset button. Remove the paper clip and only then let go of the Play/Pause button. The Zen should switch on and boot into the Rescue Mode.

In the Rescue Mode, you will be presented with four options:

1. Clean Up
2. Format All
3. Reload OS
4. Reboot

Only try the Clean Up option - make sure you do not accidentally select "Format All" as that will erase all data on the Zen. Once the Clean Up has completed, simply select "Reboot" to restart the Zen back into Normal mode. The first time it tries to start normally, it will rebuild the library - let this step complete before reconnecting to the PC.

Once done with that, there are a few other things to consider on the PC itself - using the Microsoft Windows Update tool, ensure that Windows XP is fully up to date with all Critical Updates installed. Beyond that, you should also update your motherboard chipset drivers - in order to
find out which motherboard chipset you have exactly, you will need to consult the motherboard's documentation. You can then download these updates from the appropriate motherboard manufacturer (Intel, VIA, SiS, ALI, Nvidia and so on) and install them.

Please note that another factor that may have caused problems is the installation of incorrect files on your system in the first place (such as the "DRV_nm2" file you mentioned earlier). In this event, you may not be able to remove these files any more - if that is the case, your best option will be to use Windows System Restore, to restore the system to a point before you attempted to install any such files and then proceed with the installation of the correct files as per the instructions in my last e-mail.

----- J Craft wrote: -----

I'm receiving an error when trying to manually install my
nomad jukebox zen USB 2.0. The error message is "error
loading ctjb2sp.dll a dynamic link library (DLL)
initialization routine failed. Where can I find the
driver for this? It will not install properly from the
installation disk supplied with the product and were
advised by Creative Labs (mfg. of the jukebox zen) that
it is a Windows problem.

Ask a Question