driver conflict

shakey

When trying to install a HP 4010 scanner I get blue screen-registry
error-stop. Same in safe mode. How can I determine what is the registry
error or suggest next step please. I have a printer/scanner/fax machine
installed but I have previously also had a HP 3010 "not 4010" running at
same time.

6 hours and 7 blue screens down so far. Each time trying to remove all
pieces installed.

Mel

philo

shakey said:
When trying to install a HP 4010 scanner I get blue screen-registry
error-stop. Same in safe mode. How can I determine what is the registry
error or suggest next step please. I have a printer/scanner/fax machine
installed but I have previously also had a HP 3010 "not 4010" running at
same time.

6 hours and 7 blue screens down so far. Each time trying to remove all
pieces installed.

Mel

Time to perform a system restore!

JS

Using your original Windows Setup CD, boot from the CD and follow all the
instructions until you get to the point where Setup finds your current
Windows installation. Next you will have the option of performing a repair
install. Choose the repair option, not the standard Setup. Just follow the
instructions to complete the repair process. Windows will keep your previous
settings,including applications and device drivers. (Disconnect both the
3010 and 4010 from your PC before you start).

Also See: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Finally delete any remaining directory(s) associated with the 4010 including
the Twain drivers.

Note that during a reinstall of the 4010 the software typically must be
installed first before connecting the printer/scanner,
so as mentioned above I would disconnect both the 3010 and 4010 before
starting the 'Repair Install', if you are then able to boot ok, then
reinstall the software and then connect the hardware.

JS

smlunatick

When trying to install a HP 4010 scanner I get blue screen-registry
error-stop. Same in safe mode. How can I determine what is the registry
error or suggest next step please. I have a printer/scanner/fax machine
installed but I have previously also had a HP 3010 "not 4010" running at
same time.

6 hours and 7 blue screens down so far. Each time trying to remove all
pieces installed.

Mel

How did you go about installing the device? Most USB devices
(especially HP) you must install the drivers prior to connecting the
device. Have you tried to boot without this 4010 connected?

shakey

When trying to install a HP 4010 scanner I get blue screen-registry
error-stop. Same in safe mode. How can I determine what is the registry
error or suggest next step please. I have a printer/scanner/fax machine
installed but I have previously also had a HP 3010 "not 4010" running at
same time.

6 hours and 7 blue screens down so far. Each time trying to remove all
pieces installed.

Mel

How did you go about installing the device? Most USB devices
(especially HP) you must install the drivers prior to connecting the
device. Have you tried to boot without this 4010 connected?

First tried software that came with scanner. Scanner not connected per their
instructions. CRASH
Got newer version from their website. CRASH
Online chat for one hour with support. No usable suggestions just "is system
capable" and "Download new version" which I had told him already. "Please
try again in safe" CRASH

philo

shakey said:
OH I have but that don't remove all pieces of the install. I restore to
before first try.

If the system restore did not fix the issue
then as advised elsewhere, you may have to perform a repair installation

nass

shakey said:
When trying to install a HP 4010 scanner I get blue screen-registry
error-stop. Same in safe mode. How can I determine what is the registry
error or suggest next step please. I have a printer/scanner/fax machine
installed but I have previously also had a HP 3010 "not 4010" running at
same time.

6 hours and 7 blue screens down so far. Each time trying to remove all
pieces installed.

Mel

can you send the BSOD message please, have a look in the Event viewer for
more info, also the printer specs and model number will be of a help.

shakey

nass said:
can you send the BSOD message please, have a look in the Event viewer for
more info, also the printer specs and model number will be of a help.
It is a HP scanner G4010 not a printer
Cant seem to grab BSOD message so here it is.

Also note that I removed a 3 in one program as I thought it might conflict.
no help crash

Cat 102
ID 1003
error code 00000051 every crash
Parameter 1 00000004 every time
para 2 00000001 every time
para 3 varies each time
para 4 0002db8 every time

nass

shakey said:
It is a HP scanner G4010 not a printer
Cant seem to grab BSOD message so here it is.

Also note that I removed a 3 in one program as I thought it might conflict.
no help crash

Cat 102
ID 1003
error code 00000051 every crash
Parameter 1 00000004 every time
para 2 00000001 every time
para 3 varies each time
para 4 0002db8 every time

How much RAM you have on your Machine?, try the Pagefile reset on one of the
links provided in my post and also test your RAM.
You receive a "System Has Recovered from a Serious Error" message after
every restart
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q317277
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889082/

You may have a bad RAM try to test your RAM by running Memtest by
downloading this tool and unzip it and make a floppy or CD/DVD and run it on
Reboot.
http://www.memtest86.com/
You may need to reposition/reset the RAM sticks in their slots.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310353
A description of the Safe Mode Boot options in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315222/en-us

Try to Turn The Anti-virus OFF when you install the Printer Software.
XP Repair/install:

HTH.
nass

shakey

Its now about 15 BSOD's I have done much cleaning and ran CCleaner as well.
Cannot determine what is causing the conflict.
Help please while I still have hair.no
Hope I haven't broken the message thread.
Mel

shakey

ITS FIXED!
To make a long story short after about 10 hours troubleshooting plus 1.5
hours with useless online live support and 2 hours of very good FREE phone
support its working. The phone support had me delete many files in many
locations including the registry
individually, no cleaner program of HP but he had me run a MS cleaner as
well.
Also phone said he did NOT like the file that their web page suggests but
had me use one from the VISTA download page on my XP cmptr. I feel the Vista
program was the key to it as I had cleaned up the computer many times before
and still got 15 BSOD's using the XP version.
I had no idea that VISTA programs would even run in XP.
Thank you all
Mel

smlunatick

ITS FIXED!
To make a long story short after about 10 hours troubleshooting plus 1.5
hours with useless online live support and 2 hours of very good FREE phone
support its working. The phone support had me delete many files in many
locations including the registry
individually, no cleaner program of HP but he had me run a MS cleaner as
well.
Also phone said he did NOT like the file that their web page suggests but
had me use one from the VISTA download page on my XP cmptr. I feel the Vista
program was the key to it as I had cleaned up the computer many times before
and still got 15 BSOD's using the XP version.
I had no idea that VISTA programs would even run in XP.
Thank you all
Mel

"shakey" <shakeyATsonic.net> wrote in message

Several VISTA programs would work ing XP. It is the VISTA drivers
that might not work.