Drive mapping & UNC

Hello all,

My Client has an application that won't run from UNC paths so you have to
use a drive mapping. This client just purchased a new computer with Vista
Home edition.

When I create the drive mapping it shows up just fine, but when you run the
application, it says it can't be run from UNC paths. This leads me to
believe that Vista is set to send the UNC instead of the drive letter.
Anybody know how to change this behavior?

Gordon

"matthieuvandiepen" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
Hello, did you ever get an answer to this question? I have the same
problem here, thanks Matthiueu

Please note:
This is NOT a chat room and You are NOT posting to a forum run by
Vistaheads - you are actually posting to a global Usenet Newsgroup. You will
get a far better experience if you use a newsreader and subscribe to these
groups directly, rather than through Vistaheads.

Setting up Outlook Express/Windows Mail to access Microsoft newsgroups

Accessing the MS newsgroups in Outlook Express/Windows Mail Newsreader

If you must stay with Vistaheads then please follow Usenet custom by quoting
the post you are replying to, and replying to the thread.

Thank you.

http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm