Downtime

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry for the few mins downtime just now, I've been investigating one of the server problems and I found an error - although it looks like I'll have to bring the site offline for about 10 mins to fix it. I'll do this early in the morning so it shouldn't cause any probs for anyone :thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
A little part of the database is corrupt, but to run the repair tool it knocks the entire DB offline for a few mins. Should be easy to fix this though :)

Reaction score
Come on Ian, time to make the move, your database really shouldn't be corrupting :p

Dare I say it... Linux ;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
SixtyChris said:
Come on Ian, time to make the move, your database really shouldn't be corrupting :p

Dare I say it... Linux ;)
Hey! that's my line ... :rolleyes:

Love the Penguin avatar ... :D

Attachments

• post81144387711custom4jd.jpg
    post81144387711custom4jd.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 143

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd love to make the jump to Linux if I had the time and patience, I must admit ;) IIS is quite reliable for the most part, as is MySQL - however with the redundancy checking in place that restarts the server on over 2 mins of downtime there has been some very minor corruption in the database (nothing that results in data loss though).

I'm sure I'll end up on Linux one day though :blush:

Ask a Question