Downloading complete sites, preventing?

Eric G

Hello,

Is there a way of preventing download of complete sites?

My questions emanates from the fact that I can, via FP command File / Import / HTTP ("Import files from a Web site on the Internet"), import just about any complete site that I like, for, really, whatever purpose.
Is there a way of preventing this kind downloads?

In connection with the previous question, is there a way of preventing the display of the source of a web page through, in IE, View / Source menu command? I'm aware that you can pick up the source anyway from the cache, but that still requires a great deal more work.

Best regards,

Eric G
Stockholm, Sweden

Jens Peter Karlsen[FP MVP]

Of course not.
If a page can be found it can be downloaded.
and for a browser to be able to show a page it must have access to the
source, otherwise it wouldn't know what to display.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

_____

From: Eric G [mailto:[email protected]]
Posted At: 13. september 2004 09:00
Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: Downloading complete sites, preventing?
Subject: Downloading complete sites, preventing?

Hello,

Is there a way of preventing download of complete sites?

My questions emanates from the fact that I can, via FP command File /
Import / HTTP ("Import files from a Web site on the Internet"), import
just about any complete site that I like, for, really, whatever purpose.
Is there a way of preventing this kind downloads?

In connection with the previous question, is there a way of preventing
the display of the source of a web page through, in IE, View / Source
menu command? I'm aware that you can pick up the source anyway from the
cache, but that still requires a great deal more work.

Best regards,

Eric G
Stockholm, Sweden

Thomas A. Rowe

Offline browsers and other app are available the can also copy a complete site, in the same manner
as FP, which is that FP can on access the content that is viewable in a browser, you would not see
any server-side scripts, just the results that are sent to the browser.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Hello,

Is there a way of preventing download of complete sites?

My questions emanates from the fact that I can, via FP command File / Import / HTTP ("Import files
from a Web site on the Internet"), import just about any complete site that I like, for, really,
whatever purpose.
Is there a way of preventing this kind downloads?

In connection with the previous question, is there a way of preventing the display of the source of
a web page through, in IE, View / Source menu command? I'm aware that you can pick up the source
anyway from the cache, but that still requires a great deal more work.

Best regards,

Eric G
Stockholm, Sweden

Eric G