downloaded images from web appearing as bitmap/untitled when saving

G

Hi,

Just recently, when downloading and saving what should be JPEG files with file names from the internet to my computer, the "save as" function (or something at this stage of saving the file) is changing the image to a "Bitmap file" and re-naming it as "untitled".

I have fiddled around to try stopping this and by accessing internet properties deleting cookies, cleaing temporary internet files and Internet history, then refreshing the page. This then brings up the image again and when i use right click "save as" the image/file ia as it should be a JPEG with the correct image name. However after a while it starts all over again and its very annoying. I've been using and dowloading images for a long time and this is the first time this has happened.

Would anyone know what might be happening and how to fix it - for good.

G

I'm having the same problem. I have not been able to figure out where or how to change the format. I cannot find a preference setting for the My Pictures file, or a preference setting in Internet explorer. The HELP tutorials only explain how to make photo albumns or move items around. I don't know where else to look! Any ideas where to look

----- FHM wrote: ----

Hi

Just recently, when downloading and saving what should be JPEG files with file names from the internet to my computer, the "save as" function (or something at this stage of saving the file) is changing the image to a "Bitmap file" and re-naming it as "untitled"

I have fiddled around to try stopping this and by accessing internet properties deleting cookies, cleaing temporary internet files and Internet history, then refreshing the page. This then brings up the image again and when i use right click "save as" the image/file ia as it should be a JPEG with the correct image name. However after a while it starts all over again and its very annoying. I've been using and dowloading images for a long time and this is the first time this has happened

Would anyone know what might be happening and how to fix it - for good.

G

I was having the same problem and it took me a long time to get it fixed, but the solution was easy! Right click on the picture you want to save, and click SAVE TARGET AS, make sure to change Bitmap to JPEG, and you should be good.

Ask a Question