Subject: [Update] A43 v.2.46
From: CoMa <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
A43
http://users.hcis.net/bgmiller/a43
A43 is a freeware file management utility for Windows 2000/XP.
----

I've tried for 2 days, every download is corrupted.

Anyone other reliable site for the update?

Mike Sa

Sorry, what I meant to say is has anyone got a good file from this link?

Mike Sa

nobody

I bet you're trying to unzip it with 7zip. Try another unzipper.
I had to use the windows unzip utility. The program (a43) has
built in zip which my 7zip can't unzip for some reason.

R!

I've tried for 2 days, every download is corrupted.

Anyone other reliable site for the update?

Mike Sa

Rename it a43.zip -> a43.exe

It is really an exe file...

Which is why 7-zip won't open it...

But it still dosen't work correctly for me...

Access violation at address 004E3CE0 in module 'A43.exe'. Read of
address 0000003E.

error message at startup...

Have a _____ day!

R!

AAH

The .zip file is ok.
If you have a previous version of A43
that will do it. TugZip will also do it.
If you have Winzip or WinRAR use them

This was posted the other day:
----

From: CoMa <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
A43
http://users.hcis.net/bgmiller/a43
A43 is a freeware file management utility for Windows 2000/XP.
----

I've tried for 2 days, every download is corrupted.

Anyone other reliable site for the update?

Mike Sa
Yes, I use 7zip. I'll try some of the hints in the other replies.

Mike Sa

Eugene Esterly III

I have both 7-Zip & Tugzip on my system. 7-Zip says that the download
of A43 is corrupt but Tugzip has no problems with the zip file. This
happens sometimes, sometimes 7-Zip says that a zip file is corrupt
while Tugzip has no problem reading the zip file.

R!

From: CoMa <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
A43
http://users.hcis.net/bgmiller/a43
A43 is a freeware file management utility for Windows 2000/XP.
----

I've tried for 2 days, every download is corrupted.

Anyone other reliable site for the update?

Mike Sa

From Website:

Alternate Installation
Change the archive extension from .zip to .exe. Now run the self-
extractor and extract to your current A43 folder.

Or Try...

Try it now. You can download a full-featured freware version of
DiskInternals ZIP Repair for free.

http://diskinternals.com/download/ZIP_Repair.zip

Will repair the zipfile...

R!

ms

From: CoMa <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
A43
http://users.hcis.net/bgmiller/a43
A43 is a freeware file management utility for Windows 2000/XP.
----

I've tried for 2 days, every download is corrupted.

Anyone other reliable site for the update?

Mike Sa

Thanks to all, renaming it worked, but I will look into Tugzip, have
WinRar, gave up Winzip years ago, pretty invasive IIRC.

Mike Sa

AAH

WinRAR covers at least 14
compression formats.
It is more than sufficient. The current
version is 3.60 Beta4

From: CoMa <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
A43
http://users.hcis.net/bgmiller/a43
A43 is a freeware file management utility for Windows 2000/XP.
----

I've tried for 2 days, every download is corrupted.

Anyone other reliable site for the update?

Mike Sa

Thanks to all, renaming it worked, but I will look into Tugzip, have
WinRar, gave up Winzip years ago, pretty invasive IIRC.

Mike Sa

Dewey Edwards

Thanks to all, renaming it worked, but I will look into Tugzip, have
WinRar, gave up Winzip years ago, pretty invasive IIRC.

Mike Sa

Damn confusing reading your posts. You're NOT Mike.