DOS Window - Flipping from Windowed mode to Full Screen

G

Hello
I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me

I am currently trying to resolve an issue with a 16-bit application that when running in Windowed mode and entering commands/going into different menu subsystems forces the application in Full Screen. The application will not stay in Windowed mode as it did in NT4

If anyone has ever encountered this type of issue any input would be greatly appreciated

One suggestion I have been given
"If you open up a command prompt you can RIGHT CLICK on the TITLE BAR on the top and go to PROPERTIES and it may be set to switch to FULL SCREEN MODE..

Go into this and set the command prompt window to do what you want... You will see the Display Options right on the right it may be ticked to be FULL SCREEN... Change to Windowed

Another thing is if you are using a PIF file from NT days or the item uses a BAT file you may also be able to click on these items the same way and enter their properties and set that item up to do what you want also...

I have tried everything mentioned above but still results in the same application behaviour. I have a feeling it has to do with ScreenIO 2.2 --> www.screenio.co

The .pif file doesn't keep the Window in windowed mode. Microsoft is suggesting that we create an application wrapper coded in C++

If anybody has any other suggestions I would greatly appreciate it

Thanks.

P

Plato

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FwdA==?= said:
I am currently trying to resolve an issue with a 16-bit application that when running in Windowed mode and entering commands/going into different menu subsystems forces the application in Full Screen. The application will not stay in Windowed mode as it did in NT4.

Use the proper OS for the apps you need.

Ask a Question