DOS CLIENT/SERVER

I have a Microsoft Lan client Dos 3.1 with a add-on for WFW3.11
I have install a protocol TCP/IP on Dos system and work fine
I connect wih Domain Server 2003: OK
I connect With other client in network (W2000/xp/98): OK

I share local folder in dos system and work fine
net share pluto=c:\pluto /full

but I don't share correctly root directory on dos system
net share cdrive=c:\ /full

If a client Xp find to share a folder on dos "server" ex.
net use r: \\dos\pluto
the netdrive r: work fine

But if a client XP or 2000 find to share a root folder on dos "server" ex
net use p: \\dos\cdrive
the netdrive don't work correctly. Example the command
dir
Request not supported

The client W98/W95/W311 share correctly a root folder on dos "server" ex
net use p: \\dos\cdrive
the netdrive p: work fine

Everything else is the same.
Any ideas on that?
A key value on xp machine .... ?

Thanks!!!

Pegasus \(MVP\)

"(Umberto Meglio) Italia" <(Umberto Meglio)
[...]

It might be time to upgrade to a current operating system,
to one that is supported. This would be much more cost-
effective than trying to solve networking problems that
may well be insoluble.

j9

I have my MCP classes do LanMan work as a standard exercise. You'll want to
get the newest LanMan stuff off of disk 4 of the MS-DOS 6.22 disk set.

Also, you might try adapting some of the stuff off of Bart's Network Boot
Disk package. I'd bet that WFW would run really swell with DOS 7 and the
NET package that comes with it.

"(Umberto Meglio) Italia" <(Umberto Meglio)
news:[email protected]...