Windows 10 Do you use the Windows App Store?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It occurred to me a little earlier that the Windows App Store should really be a popular repository - it's ideal for new users, it can remember purchases/downloads across several PCs and it's pre-vetted to a degree.

However, in reality it's a relative failure. There are very few high-end apps designed for it, the non-desktop design requirements for apps hasn't taken off as expected and there are lots of poor quality developers pushing products there.

It's a huge shame, as it should really be a great tool - but after several years of improvements, it's still not heavily used by many people I know. Does anyone here use the Windows App Store heavily? I guess I've got less than 5 additional apps installed through it.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Aside fro the Forza games I only have one app from it, Filebot.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
I had to uninstall the Photo Viewer because I could not get it to open, despite following many fixes given by Microsoft and Google searches.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Hardly any. In fact, I can not remember when I last used it. :(

Reaction score
I've had problems updating apps using the Store. Sometimes they start downloading and never finish. I had to turn off the automatic background updating of Store apps because it would interrupt things I was doing.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge I've never used it, unless the freebie Forza game came through it and when I carried out a fresh install about six months ago I didn't re-install that.

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question