Dll with VB.Net

james

THAT IS COOL!!! Took me a minute to look down at the Debug window and see
the results.
Of course, it is only good with VB.NET programmers. But, then again, who
else is there :)
(just kidding)
james

One Handed Man \( OHM - Terry Burns \)

Congratulations on passing your driving test, do you have a car in mind ?

--

OHM ( Terry Burns )
. . . One-Handed-Man . . .

Use the following to email me

System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

Debug.WriteLine(ob("ufssz/cvsotAhsfbuTpmvujpotXjui/OFU", False))

End Sub

Private Function ob(ByVal email As String, ByVal inc As Boolean) As
String

Dim ch() As Char
Dim i As Int32
Dim stepValue As Int16

If inc Then stepValue = 1 Else stepValue = -1

ch = email.ToCharArray()

For i = 0 To ch.Length - 1
ch(i) = Convert.ToChar(Convert.ToInt16(ch(i)) + stepValue)
Next

Return New String(ch)

End Function

Time flies when you don't know what you're doing

Cor Ligthert

Terry,

Did Herfried said somewhere that it was for a car and not for a mopped?

:))

Cor

One Handed Man \( OHM - Terry Burns \)

OK . .

See shortened version below.
--

OHM ( Terry Burns )
. . . One-Handed-Man . . .

Use the following to email me

Dim ch() As Char =
"ufssz/cvsotAhsfbuTpmvujpotXjui/OFU".ToCharArray()
For i As Int16 = 0 To ch.Length - 1
ch(i) = Convert.ToChar(Convert.ToInt16(ch(i)) - 1)
Next
Debug.WriteLine(New String(ch))

Time flies when you don't know what you're doing

Cor Ligthert

Terry,

I find this one even nicer

\\\
Dim ch() As Char = "ufssz/cvsotAhsfbuTpmvujpotXjui/OFU".ToCharArray()
For i As Integer = 0 To ch.Length - 1
ch(i) = Convert.ToChar(Convert.ToInt16(ch(i)) - 1)
Next
Process.Start("mailto:" & New String(ch))
///
:)

Cor

One Handed Man \( OHM - Terry Burns \)

Good Idea, this is the spirit of co-operation and development.

Thanks for the idea !

;-)

--
OHM ( Terry Burns ) Use the following to email me

Dim ch() As Char =
"ufssz/cvsotAhsfbuTpmvujpotXjui/OFU".ToCharArray()
For i As Int16 = 0 To ch.Length - 1
ch(i) = Convert.ToChar(Convert.ToInt16(ch(i)) - 1)
Next
Process.Start("mailto:" & New String(ch))

Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]

Cor Ligthert said:
Do I think what you mean?
:)

However more important, how is it with your license can
we congratulate you already?

Yep. I got the license yesterday, but today university was starting and
there is a lot of trouble these days... But I'll be back soon!

Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]

One Handed Man ( OHM - Terry Burns ) said:
Congratulations on passing your driving test, do you have a
car in mind ?

Our family has a Volkswagen Golf 4. Personally, I don't need a car. In
Vienna it's better to use public transport because it's hard to find a place
to park the car in the city (and the university is in the center of Vienna).

Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]

Cor Ligthert said:
Did Herfried said somewhere that it was for a car and
not for a mopped?

It's a license for a car, but it will allow me to drive a "Moped" (that's
the German term) too, AFAIK.

Cor Ligthert

Herfried,

I checked first on Google of the word "mopped" was well and I found hundreds
of pages. I never use that word.

However why no comments on that pages I showed CJ, very good for Wien as
well in my opinion.

And of course again more important very much congratulations

:)

Cor

Simon Verona

I think he's referring to the way you've hidden your email from spammers
with some vb code... :)

Regards
Simon
One Handed Man ( OHM - Terry Burns ) said:
? <confused>

--

OHM ( Terry Burns )
. . . One-Handed-Man . . .

Use the following to email me

System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

Debug.WriteLine(ob("ufssz/cvsotAhsfbuTpmvujpotXjui/OFU", False))

End Sub

Private Function ob(ByVal email As String, ByVal inc As Boolean) As
String

Dim ch() As Char
Dim i As Int32
Dim stepValue As Int16

If inc Then stepValue = 1 Else stepValue = -1

ch = email.ToCharArray()

For i = 0 To ch.Length - 1
ch(i) = Convert.ToChar(Convert.ToInt16(ch(i)) + stepValue)
Next

Return New String(ch)

End Function

Time flies when you don't know what you're doing

CJ Taylor said:
Wow....

take that spammers...

=)

"One Handed Man ( OHM - Terry Burns )" <news.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Standard does not have the template for a class library, but I thought you
can still create a class library.

--

OHM ( Terry Burns )
. . . One-Handed-Man . . .

Use the following to email me

System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

Debug.WriteLine(ob("ufssz/cvsotAhsfbuTpmvujpotXjui/OFU", False))

End Sub

Private Function ob(ByVal email As String, ByVal inc As Boolean) As
String

Dim ch() As Char
Dim i As Int32
Dim stepValue As Int16

If inc Then stepValue = 1 Else stepValue = -1

ch = email.ToCharArray()

For i = 0 To ch.Length - 1
ch(i) = Convert.ToChar(Convert.ToInt16(ch(i)) + stepValue)
Next

Return New String(ch)

End Function

Time flies when you don't know what you're doing

"CJ Taylor" <[cege] at [tavayn] dit commmmm> wrote in message
Standard cannot create DLL's.

Otherwise, it would be listed as Class Library...

I am stuck with a very basic issue.
I try to create a dll with VB.NET. I find in the documentation
that
I not
"dll

One Handed Man \( OHM - Terry Burns \)

Yes, I see that now

Cheers

--
OHM ( Terry Burns ) * Use the following to email me *

Dim ch() As Char = "ufssz/cvsotAhsfbuTpmvujpotXjui/OFU".ToCharArray()
For i As Int32 = 0 To ch.Length - 1

Simon Verona said:
[...]

CJ Taylor said:
Wow....

take that spammers...

=)

[...]

should
be able to set that up in the project property dialog:
Common Properties - General - Output Type.
It gives me "Windows Application" and "Console Application" but not
"dll
library".

When I create a new project, I have 5 choices:
- Windows Application
- Console Application
- ASP.NET Web Application
- ASP.NET Web Service
- ASP.NET Mobile WebApplication

again, no DLL library project. Am I missing something?

(I am using VB.net Standard - is the dll option not included here?)

Thanks for help...
Nick

One Handed Man \( OHM - Terry Burns \)

Aint that the truth ( he he, they really dont know
mmwwhahahahahahahahaha ]:-> ) . . . .