Dll with VB.Net

Nick

I am stuck with a very basic issue.
I try to create a dll with VB.NET. I find in the documentation that I should
be able to set that up in the project property dialog:
Common Properties - General - Output Type.
It gives me "Windows Application" and "Console Application" but not "dll
library".

When I create a new project, I have 5 choices:
- Windows Application
- Console Application
- ASP.NET Web Application
- ASP.NET Web Service
- ASP.NET Mobile WebApplication

again, no DLL library project. Am I missing something?

(I am using VB.net Standard - is the dll option not included here?)

Thanks for help...
Nick

CJ Taylor

Standard cannot create DLL's.

Otherwise, it would be listed as Class Library...

One Handed Man \( OHM - Terry Burns \)

Standard does not have the template for a class library, but I thought you
can still create a class library.

--

OHM ( Terry Burns )
. . . One-Handed-Man . . .

Use the following to email me

System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

Debug.WriteLine(ob("ufssz/cvsotAhsfbuTpmvujpotXjui/OFU", False))

End Sub

Private Function ob(ByVal email As String, ByVal inc As Boolean) As
String

Dim ch() As Char
Dim i As Int32
Dim stepValue As Int16

If inc Then stepValue = 1 Else stepValue = -1

ch = email.ToCharArray()

For i = 0 To ch.Length - 1
ch(i) = Convert.ToChar(Convert.ToInt16(ch(i)) + stepValue)
Next

Return New String(ch)

End Function

Time flies when you don't know what you're doing

CJ Taylor

Wow....

take that spammers...

=)

One Handed Man ( OHM - Terry Burns ) said:
[...]

? <confused>

--

http://visualbasic.about.com/library/weekly/aa081703a.htm

--

[...]

Nak

LOL!, I love your footer!

Nick.

[...]

CJ Taylor said:
Wow....

take that spammers...

=)

"CJ Taylor" <[cege] at [tavayn] dit commmmm> wrote in message
[...]

Hi Nick,

It is quite easy to make your own templates for a class library. If you
take a look at the 2002 versions from my web site you may be able to modify
them to work with 2003. I first achieved this by downloading a pretty much
empty class library project and stripped out any code so that it was empty,
then looked at how the windows application template was structured. I'm
sure you can work it out :) But it's worth having the extra templates
trust me!

http://www.members.lycos.co.uk/nickpatemanpwp/
goto My Own Software > VB.NET Templates.

I hope this helps.

Nick.

One Handed Man \( OHM - Terry Burns \)

Cheers - Helps keep the spammers at bay !

--

OHM ( Terry Burns )
. . . One-Handed-Man . . .

Use the following to email me

System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

Debug.WriteLine(ob("ufssz/cvsotAhsfbuTpmvujpotXjui/OFU", False))

End Sub

Private Function ob(ByVal email As String, ByVal inc As Boolean) As
String

Dim ch() As Char
Dim i As Int32
Dim stepValue As Int16

If inc Then stepValue = 1 Else stepValue = -1

ch = email.ToCharArray()

For i = 0 To ch.Length - 1
ch(i) = Convert.ToChar(Convert.ToInt16(ch(i)) + stepValue)
Next

Return New String(ch)

End Function

Time flies when you don't know what you're doing

Nak said:
LOL!, I love your footer!

Nick.

[...]

CJ Taylor said:
Wow....

take that spammers...

=)

[...]

Now I get ya !

--

OHM ( Terry Burns )
. . . One-Handed-Man . . .

Use the following to email me

System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

Debug.WriteLine(ob("ufssz/cvsotAhsfbuTpmvujpotXjui/OFU", False))

End Sub

Private Function ob(ByVal email As String, ByVal inc As Boolean) As
String

Dim ch() As Char
Dim i As Int32
Dim stepValue As Int16

If inc Then stepValue = 1 Else stepValue = -1

ch = email.ToCharArray()

For i = 0 To ch.Length - 1
ch(i) = Convert.ToChar(Convert.ToInt16(ch(i)) + stepValue)
Next

Return New String(ch)

End Function

Time flies when you don't know what you're doing

Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]

Nick said:
I am stuck with a very basic issue.
I try to create a dll with VB.NET. I find in the documentation that
I should be able to set that up in the project property dialog:
Common Properties - General - Output Type.
It gives me "Windows Application" and "Console Application" but
not "dll library".

Creating class libraries with the Standard edition of Visual Basic .NET
<URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/dotnet/faqs/?id=standardclasslibraries>

One Handed Man \( OHM - Terry Burns \)

Dont want auto spammers to get me.

--

OHM ( Terry Burns )
. . . One-Handed-Man . . .

Use the following to email me

System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

Debug.WriteLine(ob("ufssz/cvsotAhsfbuTpmvujpotXjui/OFU", False))

End Sub

Private Function ob(ByVal email As String, ByVal inc As Boolean) As
String

Dim ch() As Char
Dim i As Int32
Dim stepValue As Int16

If inc Then stepValue = 1 Else stepValue = -1

ch = email.ToCharArray()

For i = 0 To ch.Length - 1
ch(i) = Convert.ToChar(Convert.ToInt16(ch(i)) + stepValue)
Next

Return New String(ch)

End Function

Time flies when you don't know what you're doing

Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]

Cor Ligthert said:
I did see it some minutes ago, I find it real greath

Well, there are still those people using very slow modems to read the
groups...

Cor Ligthert

LOL
Well, there are still those people using very slow modems to read the
groups...

Do I think what you mean?

However more important, how is it with your license can we congratulate you
already?

Cor