Diskeeper 2009

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I use diskeeper, but I haven't and wont be renewing my subscription to the latest version from 2007. ;)

I really do wonder about some of these, very bold, statements ...

It can bring your computer speed and reliability to levels previously unobtainable, even when your computer was brand new.
Hmmm, very bold.

Breakthough technology! InvisiTasking, only available in Diskeeper 2009 ...
err, *******s ... I got that with 2007 :rolleyes:

I love the screenshots to ... if my HD was that full, I'd expect it to be slow and crash. :nod:

Unfortunately, your computer didn’t come with a defragmenter adequate to the tasking of protecting your computer from fragmentation related performance corruption.
Well, they should know, they is the ones who supply MS with their (MS) defragger ... :lol:

Nice "cheap" price, though I wouldn't spend more than £5 on a defragger, if I thought it would do any better ... free is good, you already have a free defragmentation tool installed. :D

Vista's defragger is on by defalt & schedualed to defrag, in the background, every night ... or when needed. ;)

Oh, and you will need This defragger also, or as an alternative ... it free too. I've "plugged" this software before. :thumb:

:user:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I done a review here on the 2007 version, I think it was.

It does work well, it's a fine piece of software but imo it's over-priced.

They fill it out with lots of bloatware so it seems as if you're getting oodles of stuff for your money but basically it defrags your disks, and that's it.

It also has be activated by online registration.

I'd pay a tenner for it, no more.

Take on board Mucks' comments, he speak truth.

For defragging on my XP machines I use a version of Diskeeper from 2001, version 7 I believe and within Vista I let Vista do it's stuff.

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for your replies,

I thought some of it was to good to be true however I am sure its ok but I don't think I'll bother up-grading to Diskeeper at this point in time.

Atm on my Vista pc I am using Asuslogics Disk Defrag that seems to do a pretty good job, was just wondering if there is anything esle better out there? I have used the Vista defrag program before but found it toke to long to complete, and it does not display any detials of the file that it is defraging.

Thanks,

Wiz

Reaction score
wizkid said:
I have used the Vista defrag program before but found it toke to long to complete,

Sometimes taking time can mean its doing a more detailed job....
nod.gif

Ask a Question