Disk De-fragmentation ... for Free

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
No, I ain't posted this in the wrong place on the forum ... it's meant to improve performance to your hard dive. ;)

Leaving my own feelings on whether de-fraggers actually do any good or not, I thought, for all you people who do swear by them, you would like to try out this one ...

Auslogics Disk Defrag

Disk fragmentation leads to system slowdowns, PC crashes, slow startup and shutdown and sometimes to system failures. Auslogics Disk Defrag® is designed for fast optimization of today's modern hard disks. Get the maximum performance out of your expensive hardware investments. And it's absolutely FREE.
... one reason I'm posting this is ... it works in Vista ... Vista's defrager gives you NO indication as to what is happening, even if it is based on Diskeeper's Defrag program.

Enjoy! :thumb:

:user:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
PotGuy said:
Is Vista defrag better than XP?
Couldn't really tell you ... I can tell you that you do not know what the hell is going on, there is no visuals on Vista.

I use Diskeeper. ;)

:user:

Reaction score
Fair enough then. Don't really defrag much myself. Then again I'm only using about 40gb of space at the minute so it doesn't really matter ;)

Now why do I have 500gb drive space again...
wallbash.gif

Thanks for the heads up anyway Mucks. :thumb:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
soooo... is this program "better" than the one in XP?

Reaction score
Alf said:
soooo... is this program "better" than the one in XP?

Nope it aint as good as XP but it is fast, try it then use XP straight after you will then see what I mean.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
itsme said:
Nope it aint as good as XP but it is fast, try it then use XP straight after you will then see what I mean.
So if its not as good as XP's built in defrag the point of it is....?

I defrag every week and it takes about 10mins.

Reaction score
V_R said:
So if its not as good as XP's built in defrag the point of it is....?

it looks good:lol: I use it if I am in a hurry just to speed the PC a bit.... but to do the job properly use XP defrag..... [ I aint contradicting myself just my opinion];)

Ask a Question