Discussion web as viewed on local host and remote site do not match

Josh Halberthal

Please open my site http://www.solidliquid-separation.com and click
the Discussion Forum button. You will see on the right side my problem
while in the local web everything looks ok and I see the usual screen:

DISCUSSION
[ Home | Contents | Search | Post ]
CONTENTS
Note: you may need to reload this page to see the most recent
additions.
Last changed: 01/11/04

I shall be most grateful for your help.

Josh

Stefan B Rusynko

The DW was not intended to be nested in a frameset w/ non DW pages
- it is best used as a separate subweb (if your host supports subwebs)

IMHO remove it and create a folder names say forum, then right click that to convert to web
Double click the new web forum and open it, then create your DW in that subweb

--

| Please open my site http://www.solidliquid-separation.com and click
| the Discussion Forum button. You will see on the right side my problem
| while in the local web everything looks ok and I see the usual screen:
|
| DISCUSSION
| [ Home | Contents | Search | Post ]
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| CONTENTS
| Note: you may need to reload this page to see the most recent
| additions.
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Last changed: 01/11/04
|
| I shall be most grateful for your help.
|
| Josh

Josh Halberthal

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your response to my question. I would like though to
comment as follows:
1. The DW has worked in the past on the remote web with exactly the
same configuration and without subweb.
2. The DW is working perfectly fine as is on the local IIS without
subweb.

I shall appreciate your comments on this.

Thanks
Josh

Stefan B Rusynko

It will work fine in the root, But often when you publish the from local to remote FP will see the new posts on the remote as not
being in the local and will delete them

--

| Hi Stefan,
|
| Thanks for your response to my question. I would like though to
| comment as follows:
| 1. The DW has worked in the past on the remote web with exactly the
| same configuration and without subweb.
| 2. The DW is working perfectly fine as is on the local IIS without
| subweb.
|
| I shall appreciate your comments on this.
|
| Thanks
| Josh
|

| > The DW was not intended to be nested in a frameset w/ non DW pages
| > - it is best used as a separate subweb (if your host supports subwebs)
| >
| > IMHO remove it and create a folder names say forum, then right click that to convert to web
| > Double click the new web forum and open it, then create your DW in that subweb
| >
| > --
| >
| > _____________________________________________
| > SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| > "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| > To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| > _____________________________________________
| >

| > | Please open my site http://www.solidliquid-separation.com and click
| > | the Discussion Forum button. You will see on the right side my problem
| > | while in the local web everything looks ok and I see the usual screen:
| > |
| > | DISCUSSION
| > | [ Home | Contents | Search | Post ]
| > | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| > | CONTENTS
| > | Note: you may need to reload this page to see the most recent
| > | additions.
| > | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| > | Last changed: 01/11/04
| > |
| > | I shall be most grateful for your help.
| > |
| > | Josh

Stefan B Rusynko

Create a new DW using the Frames option and DO not delete or remove any pages
- create is online at http://www.solidliquid-separation.com/discussion/
or create at local and publish to http://www.solidliquid-separation.com/discussion/

Then open it directly at http://www.solidliquid-separation.com/discussion/ (not in another frameset)

PS to get the background to appear on all pages in the DW you need to apply a theme using that background image as a default to all
pages in the DW subweb