Disabling Simple TCP/IP Service

G

I am trying to disable the "Simple TCP/IP Service" by using the net stop command. I can see the service but when I type "net stop "Simple TCP/IP Service"" the command returns "service not found". Does any one know how to disable this service

What I am trying to do is to disable and re-enable the ping functionality in the "Simple TCP/IP service"? Anyone knows another way to do it

Thanks
Stuart

P

phoenix

I am trying to disable the "Simple TCP/IP Service" by using the net stop command. I can see the service but when I type "net stop "Simple TCP/IP Service"" the command returns "service not found". Does any one know how to disable this service?

What I am trying to do is to disable and re-enable the ping functionality in the "Simple TCP/IP service"? Anyone knows another way to do it?

Thanks,
Stuart

What has Simple TCP/IP Service got to do with 'ping'. Ping is a command
line tool, what are you trying to do or what's gone wrong?

Regards

Bill

G

My mistake... Simple TCP/IP service is in Windows 2000 or in XP. In Windows 2000 Simple TCP/IP service is associated with Ping.

What I meant to do was to disable the ping functionality or the PC will not reply to incoming ping request, and then re-enabling ping again

Stuart

Ask a Question