Disable Logon after Sleep mode

Discussion in 'Windows XP General' started by Guest, Jun 23, 2004.

    How do i turn off the logon screen after I wake my computer up from going into sleep mode?

    Guest, Jun 23, 2004

    Phil Guest

    Right click desktop, properties, screen saver tab, uncheck: on resume
    display welcome screen or on resume password protect.

    Phil, Jun 23, 2004

    Alex Nichol Guest

    Avidmarc wrote:

    >How do i turn off the logon screen after I wake my computer up from going into sleep mode?

    Control Panel -Power Options - Advanced page, uncheck 'Prompt for
    password after returning from Standby'

    Bournemouth, U.K. 8E8L.org (remove the D8 bit)

    Alex Nichol, Jun 23, 2004

    "Avidmarc" wrote:

    > How do i turn off the logon screen after I wake my computer up from going into sleep mode?

    Hi, to get this annoying thing out of your way:
    1. Click start.
    2. Click run.
    3. Type: powercfg.cpl
    4. Click the advanced tab.
    5. Uncheck the box that says : "Prompt for password when computer resumes
    from standby".
    6. Your all good to shut your computer, stand it by, or make it hybernate
    without having to log in.
    7. Your welcome!

    Guest, Mar 10, 2007