Disable file, open other users folder option?

ICT User

Does anyone know if it's possible to disable or remove the option
"open other users folder" within outlook 2003. I would like to try
and disable this option on a citrix outlook installation. I dont want
it disabled for clients internally but I would like to disable the
option when users are connecting remotely via citrix.

Thanks

ICTUser

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

ICT User

Thanks for that - i managed to disable the menu option using
outlookspy and group policy but as you say I cant remove the
navigation pane link. Does anyone know how i might be able to remove
the link or another way to disable the feature?

AFAIK, you would disable it by removing the file menu option but you can't
remove the navigation pane link.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks?http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/

Outlook Tips by email:
(e-mail address removed)

Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
(e-mail address removed)

Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com

You can access this newsgroup by visitinghttp://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspxor point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

Does anyone know if it's possible to disable or remove the option
"open other users folder" within outlook 2003.  I would like to try
and disable this option on a citrix outlook installation.  I dont want
it disabled for clients internally but I would like to disable the
option when users are connecting remotely via citrix.

ICTUser- Hide quoted text -

Joined
Oct 31, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi,
In my case, the 'Other User's Folder' under File -> Open is disabled. Please let me know how to enable it. The outlook is not running in offline mode.

Thanks